Bizarre IMU Calibration issue

If you have the .DAT you could Dropbox it so we could take a look. Or, you could upload it to flylog.info and tell me the file name. Then I would retrieve and Dropbox it.

im guessing i did it incorrectly.....

Tick#,time,Longitude,Latitude,numSats,gpsAltitude(meters),accelX(M/S2),accelY(M/S2),accelZ(M/S2),gyroX(degrees/s),gyroY(degrees/s),gyroZ(degrees/s),magX,magY,magZ,magMod,baroAlt(meters),velN(M/S),velE(M/S),velD(M/S),vel(M/S),Roll,Pitch,Yaw,distancHP(M),distanceTravelled(M),Current,Volt1,Volt2,Volt3,Volt4,totalVolts,voltSpread,Watts,batteryTemp(C),ratedCapacity,remaingCapacity,minCurrent,maxCurrent,avgCurrent,minVolts,maxVolts,avgVolts,minWatts,maxWatts,avgWatts,MotorCmnd:RFront,MotorCmnd:LFront,MotorCmnd:LBack,MotorCmnd:RBack,MotorSpeed:RFront,MotorSpeed:LFront,MotorSpeed:LBack,MotorSpeed:RBack,MotorLoad:RFront,MotorLoad:LFront,MotorLoad:LBack,MotorLoad:RBack,Control:Aileron,Control:Elevator,Control:Throttle,Control:Rudder,Control:ModeSwitch,MysteryTemp,flightMode,flightMode.string,flightRegime,flightRegime.string,navMode,navMode.string

thats what the text file said aftern i used flylog. Ill see if i can dropbox it.

Reactions: LWC1496
It would seem that something is wrong with the either the IMU heater or the temperature sensor. FLY253.DAT has IMU temp
upload_2016-1-31_15-57-32.png

When it usually looks like this

upload_2016-1-31_16-3-3.png

A steady rise until it reaches 65C.

Also, the ConfigLog has these entries
11129 : [ -2500] => imu_temp.dst_value_0
11141 : [ 0] => imu_temp.ctl_out_value_0
11153 : [ 0] => imu_temp.real_ctl_out_value_0
11165 : [ 0] => imu_temp.real_ctl_out_per_0

The ones that I've seen usually look like this
10903 : [ 6500] => imu_temp.dst_value_0
10915 : [ 935000] => imu_temp.ctl_out_value_0
10927 : [ 1148000] => imu_temp.real_ctl_out_value_0
10939 : [ 0] => imu_temp.real_ctl_out_per_0
The 6500 means 65C. The one time that I saw a different number was 5500 and the temp climbed to 55C.

im guessing i did it incorrectly.....

Tick#,time,Longitude,Latitude,numSats,gpsAltitude(meters),accelX(M/S2),accelY(M/S2),accelZ(M/S2),gyroX(degrees/s),gyroY(degrees/s),gyroZ(degrees/s),magX,magY,magZ,magMod,baroAlt(meters),velN(M/S),velE(M/S),velD(M/S),vel(M/S),Roll,Pitch,Yaw,distancHP(M),distanceTravelled(M),Current,Volt1,Volt2,Volt3,Volt4,totalVolts,voltSpread,Watts,batteryTemp(C),ratedCapacity,remaingCapacity,minCurrent,maxCurrent,avgCurrent,minVolts,maxVolts,avgVolts,minWatts,maxWatts,avgWatts,MotorCmnd:RFront,MotorCmnd:LFront,MotorCmnd:LBack,MotorCmnd:RBack,MotorSpeed:RFront,MotorSpeed:LFront,MotorSpeed:LBack,MotorSpeed:RBack,MotorLoad:RFront,MotorLoad:LFront,MotorLoad:LBack,MotorLoad:RBack,Control:Aileron,Control:Elevator,Control:Throttle,Control:Rudder,Control:ModeSwitch,MysteryTemp,flightMode,flightMode.string,flightRegime,flightRegime.string,navMode,navMode.string

thats what the text file said aftern i used flylog. Ill see if i can dropbox it.
This is the column header of the .csv that you downloaded after you uploaded the .DAT. Probably FLY283.DAT? The website is configured to try to produce a .csv compatible with Dashware. That wasn't possible with this .DAT and the .csv was empty (except for the header)

I suppose that could add up then.
When I got the p3a it would take sometimes 15-20 minutes to warm up.
The guy had said he was warming up the batteries, to make it go quicker.

Fast forward, and it would always warm up, until I pressed that "check imu" button. Now it won't let me do anything cause the it says it needs the imu calibrated, but then I get the error for temperature out of range...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Defective ribbon can cause this. Have had it happen before on customers p3pro

This is the column header of the .csv that you downloaded after you uploaded the .DAT. Probably FLY283.DAT? The website is configured to try to produce a .csv compatible with Dashware. That wasn't possible with this .DAT and the .csv was empty (except for the header)

I see.
So then dash ware is another program needed for that?

So with all of this being said, is there anyway to get around it, or actually fix it myself?

I was able to get the receipt from the guy whom I bought it from, but I've been hoping to figure out something I could do from here, without having to wait weeks to get it back, and my luck it'd cost an arm and a leg!

8ef37fbd78600e48c8ab9217a3039342.jpg

I took it apart hoping to find a dangling piece or something easy like that, but of course that's a negative. Haha

So would the consensus be just to send it in?

It just does this whenever I start it up

UPDATE!:
STill in need of some help!

9ce3862dafc38ceab28b7ee42cc313d6.jpg

Seems so crazy expensive, and that maybe there could be something else??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl