Birmingham Alabama area? Anyone...

nice. have fun. it's good to have a dedicated area.

Phantom 1st flight after reairs.jpg
Here's picture of my bird yesterday on it's first flight after being repaired.

I'm in Lincoln, AL. Talked to the folks over at the Speedway and they said no drones, airport too close. Would love to get that! Not giving up yet.

Don't push your luck. LOL! I wonder if you can check flight schedules and get permission for an open window? I was flying over the bay in Ft. Walton Beach about a month ago and a military transport came in over the Gulf heading for Eglin I assume. It was several hundred feet up and I was flying about 200 ft. and probably two miles away but I landed as quick as possible. Do you know if it's OK to fly at Oak Mtn. State Park?

War Eagle!

Grew up in Birmingham (Pelham and Hoover), went to Auburn, but live quite a ways away now. Next time I visit home I plan to adventure a bit around my parent's place (they live in Bluff Park) and maybe get some cool shots off Shade's Crest Rd while maintaining the 400' altitude.

Turfman, do you get to play for free on Mondays? I spent summers at Auburn working at Saugahatchee Country Club on the grounds crew and we could play for free on Mondays after we got off work (although we were usually tired because course closed = aeration). It would be fun to get a round in and get some interesting video.

One of my sons best friends graduated from Auburn in turf management or something along that line and is head of grounds management at a private course near Birmingham. I can't remember the course. He told me they have a drone (I believe an Inspire) that they fly the course with. Now that would be a nice job.

My son spent two years at Auburn (partying) and graduated from Alabama (finally).

Roll Tide!!!

Sorry, I have had my unit away being repaired so I haven't been checking the forum. I do get to play for free. Give me a shout when you are in town. I haven't seen another course using a drone, but there's only two or three courses in the area with the funds to buy an inspire one, or any drone for that matter so I will keep my eyes open. I did Alabama for the partying, then Mississippi State for turf. Couldn't bring myself to go to the barn! :)

What kind of repairs are you having done. I sent my P2V to DroneNerds near Miami for repairs a month ago. I had a bent "wing" and had gutted the shell to use a heat gun to straighten it. Somehow I apparently connected a cable wrong when I put it back together. Hard to believe since I haddrawn out a wiring diagram and taken close-up photos of everything. I had replaced the lower shell before and felt comfortable taking it apart again. None of that matters now since the bird is missing. I think it might have gone down in a small lake I was flying over. I'm doing one more search of the area this morning. Using binoculars yesterday I noticed something in a tall pine tree that stood out. I'm hiking there today to see if I might have spotted it. If not I'm giving up and ordering a P3A. When I'm flying again I'll get in touch and see about coming up your way. I'm about 90 miles away and need to head up there to visit my son in Trussville anyway.

I'm in Prattville, but may be looking at selling all my equipment. Get too much flak from the local populace these days. has ruined the hobby for me. If you know anyone looking to get into the hobby I have quite a nice setup ready to go. F550, Futaba radio, extra batteries, FPV, etc.

New Year, new opportunities...
I'm Mark, live in Hoover...I still fly 2 older P1's, and I have a P2 I have to dress out... I have all the add-ons but haven't put it together yet.
Currently staying one generation behind, so y'all can debug the new ones for me...so my P3 comes, sometime after the release of the P4. :)

Anyone need a spare battery, controller, and charger for P2V/P2V+? My P2V disappeared. I think it went down in a lake and I've bought a P3A so don't have any use for the old stuff. I can deliver in the Birmingham area or ship for whatever my cost of shipping is. I'll take $50 for the lot. Battery had very little use.

Which controller? I don't have a need, but I'll be in Bham next week. Going to bring my P2 so I can let my dad check it out. I still wonder what kind of views I can get flying 400' above Shades Crest Rd in Bluff Park?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Whatever controller came with my P2V. I think it works with the P2V and P2V+. I know the battery is interchangeable but doesn't work with the P3 series. I fly a good bit in the Valley Grande/Selma, Prattville/Montgomery, Destin/Ft. Walton areas but my stepson lives in Trussville so I'd like to fly some up that way a bit. I flew a bit in Trussville around a park and a residential neighborhood just to show the stepson what the drone is capable off. He wants one now. He hinted that his birthday is in May. :);)

Which controller? I don't have a need, but I'll be in Bham next week. Going to bring my P2 so I can let my dad check it out. I still wonder what kind of views I can get flying 400' above Shades Crest Rd in Bluff Park?

BTW, I have my altitude limit set at 400' ft. I usually fly at about 200 - 300 ft. depending on the terrain. My max altitude I've ever hit is about 450'. By accident of course. At 400' you don't see a lot of detail. I just try to clear trees and power lines.

I won't say how far I've accidentally flown...

And I realized you said P2V so it won't work with my non-vision model. Different frequency.

I'll be in town Monday-Friday so if you come up just PM me. I kinda want to go downtown and take the quad thru the color tunnel at night. I think that would be interesting.

I won't say how far I've accidentally flown...

And I realized you said P2V so it won't work with my non-vision model. Different frequency.

I'll be in town Monday-Friday so if you come up just PM me. I kinda want to go downtown and take the quad thru the color tunnel at night. I think that would be interesting.

Where is the color tunnel? I've never heard of it. I'd like to fly Oak Mountain but I'm not sure if that's allowed. WTH. Fly and apologize later if needed. I've spent a lifetime breaking the rules. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20