Birds On Arch Rock Formation @ Sunset - Little Corona Beach

Reaction score
Some friends wanted to see my new toy, so we went out just before sunset to Little Corona Beach in Corona del Mar Village (part of Newport Beach) in Orange County, California.

There is an awesome rock formation in the ocean called "Arch Rock" that is always covered with pelicans and other birds perched on top of it. I wanted to get a good view of the formation from several directions.

This is my best video of the evening. (I'm still learning since I've only had my Phantom for a week, but I think this came out really nice for being unedited.)

I hope you enjoy it! :D (Be sure to watch it at 1080P.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyJY1cW3nE[/youtube]

Re: Birds On Arch Rock Formation @ Sunset - Little Corona Be

Beautiful.

It's moments like these where the P2V+ is worth every penny.
You don't use the gyro for gimbal control?

Thanks. Definitely worth every penny. :)

No, I don't use the gyro for the gimbal control.

Since I'm a new pilot, I like to keep my flights as simple as possible to avoid overwhelming myself with control options.

Once I've mastered basic flight controls, I'll start playing around with that feature.

For example, right now I mostly fly with just the forward command on the right stick and slowly turn with the left stick like I was flying a plane. I ignore the back, left, right on the right stick unless I'm coming in for a landing.

Really beautiful video neighbor (I'm in Cypress, CA).

Don't want to high jack your thread but took my quad down to Ensenada, Baja California a few weeks back and shot this. Just need to get a gimbal now and it was windy. Was out all day at Seal Beach and although windy gusts got some nice stills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxOR2SBDghs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20