Birds from the egg

Reaction score
Below is a simple copy & paste from a recent UAVdirect email.

NEW DJI PHANTOM 3 DETAILS LEAKED

The past 24 hours have been really exciting! A pretty sizable amount of confirmed information has landed surrounding the imminent launch of the DJI Phantom 3 Series aircraft. Here's what we know:

Expect the aircraft to be an "evolution" of the Phantom 2 Vision+. Early teasers have been hinting at this quite well, but we now know that the Phantom 3 will be both exciting and new, as well as a progression of the iconic Phantom that we know and love. DJI's new Phantom 3 will visually appear similar to that of the Vision+ but under the hood is where things get really interesting.

The Optical-Flow and Ultrasonic Sensor System found on the recently released Inspire 1 has officially nestled itself onto all Phantom 3 Series models. That's right... model-s!

The Phantom 3 is truly a series of aircraft with at least two distinct models to choose from; the lower-end being a 1080p system with built-in Lightbridge, and a 4K variety including the same. All models will be inclusive of a DJI integrated camera/gimbal much like (but larger than) the Vision +. There is perhaps a third aircraft in the category, but details are sparse.

What we do know is that the Inspire 1's Lightbridge-integrated, GPS-powered radio transmitter has come to the Phantom 3 Series, and you'll be flying through that same awesome DJI Pilot App that powers the Inspire 1's amazing controllability.

In order to facilitate these new upgrades, the NAZA controller has likely been upgraded, and higher-capacity batteries are probably on the way as well. We hope that the aircraft will still allow the use of our Phantom 2 batteries, but that remains to be seen tomorrow.

Expect a mid-May delivery date with prices ranging between $1,200 and $2,000.

The sysop, I mean the site owner, beat ya to it.

The sysop, I mean the site owner, beat ya to it.

I didn't see it listed in this forum when I posted it. I did see in the P3 forum, but a lot of us in this forum only view this forum.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj