Birds attacks & crashes flying dji phantom!

hah!

i wondered if that would happen and if there are certain birds to be on the look out for. any birds i've come close to so far have flown away from the quad.

After I just found this one by luck, I search youtube for phantom bird attack. I found several. One flew up to look at an eagle's nest. One eagle stayed in the nest. The other attacked the phantom and put his talons out as if to grab it. The operator smartly and quickly landed the phantom.

One of the times I was flying at a soccer field near my house I had a falcon circling the phantom checking it out. I was wondering if it would come in closer but it never did and seemed to lose interest after a few minutes. I would never try to fly near a nest though.

I had an eagle attack me in a Cessna 150. Just flying along.
I would not try getting close to a nest.

If you intrude into a bird's territory you can expect it to try to chase you away. Defending its young will make them even more determined. Since they are by far the superior pilots there's no way you will be able to outmanoeuvre them. :lol:

When flying anywhere round here,.. if any feathered or furry friends show up I land straight away ..... and just go somewhere else.

Have been harassed by magpies, a falcon and a lunatic bunch of seagulls in last few months... luckily all backed off when they got close and I think saw speed of the props ??.... :shock:

I will tell you if you have film of such attacks and your local DNR seems them you will be fined! If you are flying and see strange activity from birds it is the responsible thing to land. Nesting birds will attack and harassing them is illegal. The DNR, if you piss them off enough can and will take your equipment and other belongings related to the violation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic