Birds Attack My Phantom 3

Ahhhh... The internet. Home to 'pics or it didn't happen' closely followed inevitably by 'Photoshop!' or 'That video's fake!'

As someone that's familiar with Peregrine falcons I can assure sceptical readers, this appears completely genuine.
That's no CGI

Last edited:
We have peregrines nesting on the roof of the office where I work (16 stories high).

They are bad *** birds. Those claws will go through anything when they attack. Insta-kill. I've seen many a pigeon turned into breakfast on the ledge above my desk :)

I hope everyone realizes that it isn't the Phantom that is at risk. Once a bird makes contact with a drone it is doomed to die. The spinning blades will severely lacerate the bird or chop off it's thin legs as soon as it makes contact. Unfortunately, birds will often view a drone as a threat to it's nesting area and territory. The drone usually recovers stability after such a hit if at a high enough altitude, but the bird will fly off to die, which means any fledglings back in the nest it was protecting will also die with no further food coming. So for the sake of the birds, try to avoid any type of confrontations, and certainly avoid flying in the vicinity of known nesting areas once realized.

I'm sure Munc has more important things to do than fake a CGI bird attack, as there are plenty of documented bird attacks on YouTube. No reason to fake one.

As someone that's familiar with Peregrine falcons I can assure sceptical readers, this appears completely genuine.
That's no CGI

Yeah I prefer to call them Hayabusa's and for the record, they have been clocked at 242mph far faster then the mentioned 183mph.

It's real, I don't have the time nor talent to create a hoax. You can see the shadows of them on the cliffs flying around earlier in the clip. I think those guys on the ATV's were watching them and probably laughing at me, I was 1/4 mile out 300ft below and didn't notice them until they were diving at the phantom at which time I put it in reverse and flew it back. Anyway I'm glad the birds and my phantom are OK.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj