Bird side booster(s)?

Reaction score
Are there any bird side boosters available for the P4 for range? I have the video booster from FPVLR but of course can't install it yet because they don't have instructions available. Even then I know it won't do anything for flight range. I fly in the trees so 3500-4000 feet is all the further I can get. I've tried boosted kits for the RC from FPVLR, REXAUV and DBS all with similar sub-par results so it seems to me that boosting the P4 is the next step. Oh, and I tried the wind surfers too. Great for the money but still only about 3200 feet for me. Just too many trees where I live.

The majority of the reports I've read about any air side booster mods were unfavorable and it often harmed ranged or not worth the efforts. Most were removed. Look up the user Jeremiah Nelson. He bought special wifi antennas with long cables and has them mounted on the roof of his house and car. This would be the only way to get around trees. He can actually fly into the woods and has effectively unlimited radio range. He posted a video to prove it. Maybe if you can put them up in a 20ft mast or something it would give you the range you need. I think that would be the only way. 2.4ghz is terrible with penetration.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic