Bird down! UPDATE on PG 5

Re: Bird down!

CarlJ said:
I'd ditch the wife, unless she can fly, and keep my phantom. I know this isn't helpful, but what do you say about a fly away?

Really sorry about your bird man, but yeah, keep the phantom. ;)

Definitely not ditching the wife....to hot in the sack:). And those don't come by everyday ;)

offtosleep said:
CarlJ said:
I'd ditch the wife, unless she can fly, and keep my phantom. I know this isn't helpful, but what do you say about a fly away?

Definitely not ditching the wife....to hot in the sack:). And those don't come by everyday ;)

Yeah you're right, hot in the sack doesn't come along every day, only on Friday and Saturday nights ;)

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
offtosleep said:
CarlJ said:

Yeah you're right, hot in the sack doesn't come along every day, only on Friday and Saturday nights ;)
not after marriage...

back on topic though lol

got up in the morning and checked this case...

Try all means and avenue to contact DJI directly and hopefully you can get a new bird or at minimum fixed by DJI at their cost. All suggestion are there to assist you to make the best decision for you to continue this hobby. Don't give up man!

I'd keep both the wife and Phantom and with the 50% lesser rule if necessary, to avoid relationship issues as my expenditure on the phantom does not effect the roof on my family head, the food on the table and clothes on our body. If it does then I am in the wrong. The 50% lesser rule is just to meet my other half expectations which I cannot fullfil at this point of time. The kid in me is not fully grown yet, I need this hobby to keep me at bay/busy against more serious damaging hobbies, like womanizing...hihihi. Some of my friends have this as a hobby..hihihi.

I am in the mist of negotiating with some parties for some aerial video/pictures to make the phantom pays for itself as well. I missed a 20 day aerial documentary video shoot in Bosnia as my vision+ did not arrive in time. So my buddy took it and went to Bosnia, bringing his wife along. There are other opportunities...:D. Tats my selling point to my wife.

offtosleep said:
CarlJ said:

i dont know...? blue pills are getting expensive too, almost as same cost as your flying hobby.... :mrgreen:

Flywaway or wind blew it away or too aggressive on the stick or went to ATTI or manual mode by accident?

ocphantom said:
Flywaway or wind blew it away or too aggressive on the stick or went to ATTI or manual mode by accident?

There was no wind whatsoever that day. I even had my Kestrel wind meter out (which I use regularly for long-range shooting).

Not sure how it would have gone into manual or ATTI. Both S1 and S2 where in the up position.

dannytroy said:
My rule of thumb is always tell the wife the item cost was half of what it actually was. In the case of the P2V+ she never asked, and I didn't volunteer the info. If she does ask, I will break my half cost rule, and make it even lower :D

Hilarious!! Great comment. And I have to say I absolutely agree. You state perfectly exactly what I do. My wife and I have been together now for nearly 40 years so I can attest to the value of rounding down on critical numbers, like the cost of a Phantom, of which I have three now!

Just an update if anyone is following this situation.

Spoke with DJI North American this morning. Called 818-235-0789 per the instructions I received after filling out the info form on DJI's Support Website. I called at 10:30 MST and went into the queue. The automated system said I was number 6 in queue. Within five minutes I was talking to a real live human being named Jason. Explained the situation. He stated that no parts are available, but that they are expecting a parts batch on May 30. He stated that they would issue me a RMA on June 2.

He also emailed me a "info gathering sheet" in PDF format after I provided him my email address. I'm going to fill it out and get it returned. He asked me to be as detailed as possible.

I'll continue to update this thread as new info is provided to me or as the situation changes.

offtosleep said:
Just an update if anyone is following this situation.

Spoke with DJI North American this morning. Called 818-235-0789 per the instructions I received after filling out the info form on DJI's Support Website. I called at 10:30 MST and went into the queue. The automated system said I was number 6 in queue. Within five minutes I was talking to a real live human being named Jason. Explained the situation. He stated that no parts are available, but that they are expecting a parts batch on May 30. He stated that they would issue me a RMA on June 2.

He also emailed me a "info gathering sheet" in PDF format after I provided him my email address. I'm going to fill it out and get it returned. He asked me to be as detailed as possible.

I'll continue to update this thread as new info is provided to me or as the situation changes.

Yeah, but what was his opinion on your wife? Keep or ditch? :D

offtosleep said:
CarlJ said:

Have you considered selling your wife instead of the phantom? If she is hot in the sack you could charge an hourly rate and quickly recoup enough to replace the ribbon and gimbal :cool:. If the moderator is in agreement we could even start a new thread for members with hot wives and broken gimbals. My gimbal still comes to life OK but fully expect it to become unreliable one day...:cool: :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj