Bird attacks

This was just this afternoon after work outside my office.
This seagull, and the Raven, are the most persistent of the birds in this area.
The raven scares me the most - the seagull just does loops around me, but the Raven comes up from behind, and has come very very close, and when I'm flying away, he will fly so close alongside that if I moved slightly left, I'd possibly clip him. I so very much wanted to turn and get a shot of him alongside tonight, but even after a UMI reset, the quad still moves slightly forward every time I rotate it, so with him that close it probably would have hit him as I rotated towards him. Strangely, he's the hardest to get a photo of, he seems to know which end is the front, and stays clear of it. He's a real fan of the sneak attack.
Still no contact so far .... well none that I'm sure of; there was a time tonight when the quad wobbled a little in flight unexpectedly, and I was never totally sure of the cause, but it was a little too far away at the time to know if a bird hit it.

There's also a tiny little black coloured bird, that circles it in very wide circles, probably 20+ metres away. When he's in the photo, he's such a tiny distance blur, I never bother grabbing a screencapture of him, but he/s another that never seems to give up while ever I'm in the air.
I honestly don't think it will be a case of IF a bird is going to hit the quad, but WHEN. They are too persistent, and in too many places.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj