Bird Attacks

Reaction score
I want to film some stork nests for my short video and wondering can they attack the phantom and make serious damage to it? Any experience in bird attacks as general?

Most certainly,
Is the parents feel that the phantom is a threat they will attack it.
And I'm sure a full grown pelican can inflict serious damage on a phantom.

With the noise of the phantom you are gonna cause them a lot of distress. Leave them alone or get a camera with a telephoto lens

I don’t want to cause them any trouble, not in short distance but nearly 15-20 meters above and not directly.
Well I may not do it after all.
Thanks for the replies.

No problem but even 20m would be too close for them I think and then you'll be too far away from them to get any decent footage. I like the idea and if the phantom was silent it would be great but I dont think its the right tool for that job.

I have, on several occasions, had hummingbirds either attack or be curious to the point of getting within several inches of an AR Drone while hovering at about 60 feet. I don't know if they were just curious and checking it out or if they saw it as a threat and were attacking. There was never any contact with the birds but they got very very close. I have several video clips of hummingbirds passing in front of the camera and I have one clip of a hummingbird in a hover in front of the drone looking directly at the camera. A phantom would likely survive a minor birdstrike but I don't think the bird would be so lucky. I have seen quite a few videos of phantoms bouncing off from tree branches and power lines and still recovering.
The only thing that I have ever hit with my phantom was small bugs, lots of small bugs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers