Bird Attack and RTH due to Line Of Sight issue

Reaction score
So today at lunch I think it would be cool to look at a suspected roof problem on an old condo built in 1926. As it is 16 stories high, the PV2+ seemed to be a great resource.

Two unexpected issues:

1. Two crows decided I was invading their space at about 180 feet up over the river (see at approx. 25 sec)

2. As i was standing on the street below and the PV2+ was 180 feet up, as soon as it was over the building, line of sight was broken, and immediately went into RTH mode (approx 1:15 sec). Will have to rethink my strategy to ensure LOS at all times.

Oh, and I now see why the roof leaks.

[vimeo]93297584[/vimeo]

https://vimeo.com/93297584

Hello,
Crazy crows, lol, keep in mind, ( your antenna orientation )
It has been proven, straight up gets horrible reception, as the tip of your antenna gets the lowest reception,
If you are flying UP ( above your head ) bend antenna to the side( so side of antenna faces p2v+ )
( maybe you did this? ) also with condos and hotels, they use wifi, and A Lot of it, as each unit may have it,
Causing you interference?
( just seems awfully LOW altitude, for RTH feature?
I can get 524 feet straight up, without moving antenna, if I lay antenna to side
I get a couple hundred extra feet, I have a P2V!
The plus has better range? Just seems weird to me? )
( do you hear 2 beeps when you turn controller on?
Or only 1 beep?
( maybe stuck in CE mode, instead of FCC mode? )

Cool video though, what hit the roof? Meteor?
Or is it just ROT?
( just curious? )

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Thanks for the tips Jerry. New to DJI. Had the antenna straight up, so that should help to bend it to the side. Two beeps at controller startup, confirmed FCC mode in software.

I believe the roof is just plain old rot.

Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik