Binding problem. PT2 application doesn't see transmitter

Reaction score
Okay so today I replaced my receiver because transmitter would not bind. Now the transmitter seems to bind (red light on receiver goes off when I turn transmitter on) & (red light on receiver turns on when transmitter is turned off) but the yellow lights continue to blink on phantom. But when I attempt to start the motors there is nothing. I hooked my phantom up to the PT2 assistant and the system doesn't recognize when I move the sticks. The RC assistant recognizes the movement though. The only error message I get is Error 27 which is compass calibration. I used the IMU calibration but I still have irregular compass numbers. I cannot manually calibrate until my transmitter is working with the phantom. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This thread from Jake524 was taken care of by phone Thursday.

I got the dji virtual driver working and the DJI RC System Assistant_1.2 worked for calibrating the rc transmitter and upgrading the transmitter firmware. However the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 connects to the p2v+ and I can see the battery, compasss, gps, etc...however the rc transmitter is not seen even though I tried to bind to the P2v+ using the red led, press turn yellow, turn on rc transmitter, beeps, led goes away...hmmm. Also get error in DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 as per attached screenshot..

Attachments

• djiassistanterror.jpg
    djiassistanterror.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 664
Normally I only work with the P2 non vision and do not own a P2 vision+. You would probably better off posting this in P2 v+ thread for a answer. Sorry. The problem the OP had was that he crossed wires on the naza module

Whatmot. I had the same problem. I could not bind, but the RC Assistant allowed calibration. However the Phantom Assistant did not recognise the RC. I exchanged the receiver board then the NAZA module in the copter ... and finally glued in that the RC is faulty!!!
Make one little test: if you turn on the copter and look at the binding diode light, it will turn green for a split second before turning red. That means your copter is good, looking to bind and cannot find anything, so diode turns red.
I found someone with a 2.4r ghz RC, and after binding my copter connected immediately. So I suspect you may have the same problem .... I tried to analyse what's wrong in my RC but to no avail .... not an expert.
Let me know if this helped ....

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I have purchased a 2nd working P2V+ and I will swap electronic parts between each to see what part is faulty and causing the issue. I suspect the main board or wireless receiver...I have 2 rc transmitters and both have the same problem.

I have been fighting with my P2 and new remote not binding even though i follow the correct procedure for binding the RC and P2. Turn on the P2, take a small screwdriver and hold down the button at the bottom of the bind light, which is on the bottom side of the P2 and is red, but when I hold it down about 2 seconds, it will begin flashing and then I will turn on the RC at which time the flashing red light will turn solid green.

Problem was that it would not stay bound. Initially, I could turn on the motors, a couple of times, but eventually would loose the bind and yet, still have the green light saying it was bound. Motors would not start or anything, so hooked the P2 back up to the Assistant Software and found some problems, which I am still trying to get straightened out.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

I have been fighting with my P2 and new remote not binding even though i follow the correct procedure for binding the RC and P2. Turn on the P2, take a small screwdriver and hold down the button at the bottom of the bind light, which is on the bottom side of the P2 and is red, but when I hold it down about 2 seconds, it will begin flashing and then I will turn on the RC at which time the flashing red light will turn solid green.

Problem was that it would not stay bound. Initially, I could turn on the motors, a couple of times, but eventually would loose the bind and yet, still have the green light saying it was bound. Motors would not start or anything, so hooked the P2 back up to the Assistant Software and found some problems, which I am still trying to get straightened out.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

The controller must on be turned on at all times while binding to the P2 and not after the led starts flashing red..

When the P2 is turned on the led on the receiver module is red and if the controller is turned on it will turn green but that doesn't mean the two units have been paired.

Hi, having the same problem, after crash my tx won't bind with my P2. When I turn on my P2 the rx led is solid red and when I try the binding procedure the led light just blinks for a couple of seconds then goes back to solid red again. I tried every possible way, even resetting the rx firmware but no luck. I don't know what's the problem, please help.

Hi, having the same problem, after crash my tx won't bind with my P2. When I turn on my P2 the rx led is solid red and when I try the binding procedure the led light just blinks for a couple of seconds then goes back to solid red again. I tried every possible way, even resetting the rx firmware but no luck. I don't know what's the problem, please help.

You haven't mentioned whether the controller was turned on or off while binding. If the controller was turned on and the LED on the receiver was still red Then you may have damaged the receiver module as the LED should green with the controller turned on whether the two are paired or not.

You haven't mentioned whether the controller was turned on or off while binding. If the controller was turned on and the LED on the receiver was still red Then you may have damaged the receiver module as the LED should green with the controller turned on whether the two are paired or not.

Tried it turn on like the usual binding: tx on then the P2, obviously no connection, then tried the binding procedure: P2 on, pressed the binding button on the rx for 2 seconds the red led light blinks but as I released the button it goes back to solid red then turned on the tx still no green light on the rx still solid red.

Paul, I had to replace my Phantoms Receiver to fix the issue.

It's very easy to replace, just make sure you take a picture and don't get the receiver wires switched

Tried it turn on like the usual binding: tx on then the P2, obviously no connection, then tried the binding procedure: P2 on, pressed the binding button on the rx for 2 seconds the red led light blinks but as I released the button it goes back to solid red then turned on the tx still no green light on the rx still solid red.

At this point without voltages or signal information there three possibilities that can cause this problem the 2.4GHz signal module, main board or the naza module.

There is a possibility that the controller and P2 are paired but that the LED will not turn green. So in this case if the shell isn't opened do so and check for physical damage or cables disconnected. Next make sure the GPS cable is plugged in put the top on without screwing it down then go through the binding sequence with the controller turned on. Once completed turn the P2 over and see if you can start the motors and if the motors do startup it doesn't mean there is not other damage. Only other solution is find a authorized repair center and send it in.

None of the three components that could be at fault are cheap and here is a list.

DJI Receiver for Phantom 1.1.1 and Phantom 2 CP.PT.000097 B&H

DJI Central Circuit Board for Phantom 2 Vision CP.PT.000052 B&H

DJI MC for Phantom 2 Vision (PART9) CP.PT.000051 B&H Photo Video

O.K. guys, here is what I learned and has happened since I posted earlier. Iwent into the 3.8 Assistant and was finally able to get the RC and Phantom 2 to finally bind. But what I had to do was to keep on calibrating the IMU.
The basic calibration was easy and would normally work, but when I went to do the Advanced, would of course get the over heating notice, which I ignored since I had just started the P2. But was having a problem getting the Advanced IMU Calibration to work or succeed. It took a few attempts, but was finally able to get the Advanced IMU Calibration to complete. This meant starting over from scratch with turning everything on and off and doing the basic imu calibration and then the advanced. I can now say that I have done a few flights and the P2 hovers and responds as it should.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj