Binding or other camera problem any help appreciated.

Jason in TN said:
That may be the way I go looks like you have it working on the vision App. I need to do some reasurch on how to make the switch.
Just curious, which version software on your phone are you using? My understanding is Android 5.x and whatever the latest Apple equivalent are the culprits.

Not sure about the OP, but my phone is running 8.1.3 and the app is 1.0.48. I have the same issue with my iPad, which is running the same versions.

Newest apple software on my iPhone 5 latest update on phantom dji vision app. I have checked every thing on the camera and phantom can't see any problems seems like a software issue or maybe something in the wifi. What ever it is is a pain in the butt. Any one has any ideas or figures it out let me know.

Have dropped FPV as low as it will go it is like very thing works but the camera. About to give up on this thing have been checking for wiring diagrams. I am still thinking it may be a software problem it is a bummer for sure may just get rid of it and find something different to fly.

I've been having this same issue. Months ago it happened the first time, after inspecting everything and doing a bunch of other troubleshooting, I did a rebind scanning the QR code. I was amazed that this solved my problem......for a while. Now after a couple months working error free, using both android and IOS operating devices, the problem has returned. Tried the rebinding again, did all the inspections, blah blah blah, and this thing just won't shake this issue. Real annoying having this expensive paper weight laying around, sure I can still fly it, have all the telemetry data.....but the whole point is it's a flying camera....and the camera will give me no picture. Frustrated and all out of ideas.
No solutions to this yet?!

I've been having this same issue. Months ago it happened the first time, after inspecting everything and doing a bunch of other troubleshooting, I did a rebind scanning the QR code. I was amazed that this solved my problem......for a while. Now after a couple months working error free, using both android and IOS operating devices, the problem has returned. Tried the rebinding again, did all the inspections, blah blah blah, and this thing just won't shake this issue. Real annoying having this expensive paper weight laying around, sure I can still fly it, have all the telemetry data.....but the whole point is it's a flying camera....and the camera will give me no picture. Frustrated and all out of ideas.
No solutions to this yet?!

After months of headaches I eventually sent my unit back to DJI. They replaced the video transmitter (under warranty, one year old unit) and now everything works fine.

Reactions: TorqueRoller
After posting my above reply I discovered this thread - http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/vision-2-wifi-units-fix-and-why-they-are-dying.28176/ This guy knows his stuff and explains in detail the problem with the WiFi signal transmission modules. With this info I plan on having my Phantom up and running again. Hope some of you find this info useful :)
Well, spent the $189 and got the new version WiFi transmission module installed in my Phantom, still have the exact same issue :( Checked every wire from the camera with my multi meter and have good continuity on everything. Looks like I'll have to send it to DJI, really didn't want to send it out but seems like no solutions to this problem.

I have been having the exact same issues and if you look at the comments on the App Store, so are others. I just bought a new iPhone and was hoping it was going to be a different story - sorry. I'm just as frustrated as is everyone else, there have been no updates to the app since January 2014 and it looks like DJI has moved on.

Everything works but the video feed from the camera. I can move the camera, take pictures, video, etc. Just can not see what it's seeing.

Are there any other apps that will work?

I have been having the exact same issues and if you look at the comments on the App Store, so are others. I just bought a new iPhone and was hoping it was going to be a different story - sorry. I'm just as frustrated as is everyone else, there have been no updates to the app since January 2014 and it looks like DJI has moved on.

Everything works but the video feed from the camera. I can move the camera, take pictures, video, etc. Just can not see what it's seeing.

Are there any other apps that will work?
With my problem, I can't even take any photos or video. Try to take a still pic, get message "Network Timed Out"...try to take video, get message "Phantom connection broken" and "Network timed out". So frustrating. Been skimming the P3P posts trying to make up my mind if I want to get the new Phantom or not. About ready to sell my P2V+ :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1