Binding Futaba TX to Phantom 2 ?

Reaction score
Hi everyone !
I read a lot that phantom 1.1.1 can bind the receiver to a FASST futaba transmitter... But i was not able to find this info on Phantom 2.... but it does not make sense to 1.1.1 be able to bind and phantom 2 not..
Does anyone really know if its the same receiver ? Can i really bind ?
Thanks guys !

tiagobaracho said:
Hi everyone !
I read a lot that phantom 1.1.1 can bind the receiver to a FASST futaba transmitter... But i was not able to find this info on Phantom 2.... but it does not make sense to 1.1.1 be able to bind and phantom 2 not..
Does anyone really know if its the same receiver ? Can i really bind ?
Thanks guys !

Go to youtube ...tons of movies about. And will never find support for a product about how to improve it replacing components with products from competition :)

Binding of Futuba on P2 is the same as 1.1.1.. P2 is P1 with better Tx, larger battery and bigger props.
BTW you bind Futuba Rx to Futuba TX and not Phantom to Futuba.

I think you didnt get well what i said....
On phantom 1.1.1 you can bind a futaba TX to the phantom 1.1.1 RX( form dji).. i was able to see some information about that...
But so far i could not see for sure that Phantom 2 RX will bind futaba FASST TX... i was just asking if anyone know for sure if it is exacly the same RX...

There are a tons of youtube videos showing how to change the RX on the phantom for one futaba RX and binding both... but i was not able to find any video showing the matter I presented.

Thanks very much!!! I was really wanting this to be true... I think it is pretty safe to use the phantom receiver... I guess the major problem We might have is with the dji transmitter rather than RX...I will receive my f550 in few days, and I only have one RX....I did not want to buy another RX just for the phantom ....
Have you used a Futaba radio binded with phantom 2 RX? How good was the performance ?

Thanks

tiagobaracho said:
On phantom 1.1.1 you can bind a futaba TX to the phantom 1.1.1 RX( form dji).. i was able to see some information about that...
But so far i could not see for sure that Phantom 2 RX will bind futaba FASST TX... i was just asking if anyone know for sure if it is exacly the same RX...

There are a tons of youtube videos showing how to change the RX on the phantom for one futaba RX and binding both... but i was not able to find any video showing the matter I presented.

Why you change the stock Tx? Because is a crap. Then why still keeping stock Rx?

hjscm said:
the stock rx is fine. i get the same distance from my futaba as the dii rx.

Futuba receivers use pre-vision ... constantly scan the input signal and apply intelligent Futaba error correction, have telemetry, communicate with Tx monitoring range (receiver signal strength indicator), receiver low voltage warning system for monitoring the receiver battery (if don't have iOSD yet) ....

ginsonic said:
tiagobaracho said:

Why you change the stock Tx? Because is a crap. Then why still keeping stock Rx?

I actually have flown a lot the first phantom... with one antenna... and i had never had any problem what so ever... not even a RTH ... i went 600 mts without a problem...
On phantom 2, with this new RX.... If is I can trust even more than the old one... would be ok for me.. i will not fly very far.. i only fly around 300-400 mts.. i would use the futaba 14sg because i have it for my f550...... so it have better options .... but to use another futaba RX on phantom 2, I would have to spend more money....
Thats the main question for me.... can i really trust this DJI RX? nobody have had any problem? if so, o will just bind and use DJI RX.

tiagobaracho said:
Thats the main question for me.... can i really trust this DJI RX? nobody have had any problem? if so, o will just bind and use DJI RX.

Just check (dunno how :D ) if stock Rx use EasyLink. That will insure you that your Rx will "talk" just with your Tx. The stock Rx don't use for sure antenna diversity that is bad (select the best reception between two receiver antennas, so there's no loss of signal. Futuba Rx have two antennas).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic