Bigtime Newbie Question !

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
So yesterday I received my first drone the P3S and wow its really better than I thought it would be. After joining this site I see that theres a alot of contradicting stories about what to do with the battery. I just finished the first 10 flights which I flew to 50 % and then recharged to 100% to I guess condition the battery ??? Have no clue to be honest. I know that when you hit the 20th cycle charge I have to bring the battery to 8% then charge back to a full 100% so I totally get that part. Now heres my question sorry for the long intro, So now that the first 10 flights are done and I go to fly for flights 11-19 what percent do I fly the drone to now before I have to recharge it again ??? And if I'm understanding this right when I get to the 40th cycle charge I have to repeat the same steps as the 20th cycle charge ??? Once again I'm sorry for this stupid question but I really didn't think this was going to be a issue I thought a battery was just a battery lol

I guess condition the battery ??? Have no clue to be honest.
Me neither. DJI does not recommend this, so it's likely there is no benefit.

for flights 11-19 what percent do I fly the drone to now before I have to recharge it again?
You can recharge it from any level.

when I get to the 40th cycle charge I have to repeat the same steps as the 20th cycle charge?
Yes. Oddly enough, DJI no longer mentions cycling the battery like this in the Phantom manual or battery safety guidelines.

Awesome Thanks, Do you think flying to 10% would be a bad thing or just land it at 15% just to be on the safe side ?

3.4V. See more details here.

Me neither. DJI does not recommend this, so it's likely there is no benefit.

You can recharge it from any level.

Yes. Oddly enough, DJI no longer mentions cycling the battery like this in the Phantom manual or battery safety guidelines.

The man with all the answers...LOL Well at least most of them. Hahahaha
It's amazing how you are always right there to help anyone on this site.
You are an awesome dude. Mike.
Thanks for everything you do here.

WDW1014: Make sure you check out PhantomHelp.com for all your drone needs.
He has a wonderful place to go if you are looking for parts and (or) information.

Awesome Thanks, Do you think flying to 10% would be a bad thing or just land it at 15% just to be on the safe side ?
oh jeez so whats the lowest voltage i can fly to safely before i land it lol
10% on the battery is very low.
Rather than trying to wring out your battery and have no safety margin you'd be better off aiming to have your Phantom in well before it gets to that level.

I just start my flights at 100% and recharge to full when I'm done. Repeat. Easy.
I do the same with one change. I don't recharge the batteries again until I am ready to fly again.

thanks guys I really appreciate it, not really in the mood to kill off a $150 battery lol

As others have suggested 10% is pushing it, little margin for various scenarios that may unexpectedly delay your landing. Also flying to 10% will give shorter battery service life than 20% or higher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic