Biggest ipad for phantom 4 standard without extender

Reaction score
So pretty much what im saying, I want to buy an ipad for my standard dji phantom 4, I don't have any extender etc. So what is the biggest ipad that can fit in my standard controller? Atm im using iphone 6s plus, but screen is too small for me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the fast answer though, ill wait and see if someones know.

240 mm (9.4 in) (h) 169.5 mm (6.67 in) (w) 6.1 mm (0.24 in) (d)

Here are the dimensions for the iPad Air 2. I don't think yours will fit because the Air 2 uses every bit of space available

Well I didnt bought one yet, so the ipad air 2 might be the one to buy

So pretty much what im saying, I want to buy an ipad for my standard dji phantom 4, I don't have any extender etc. So what is the biggest ipad that can fit in my standard controller? Atm im using iphone 6s plus, but screen is too small for me
Look here:

Apple iPad Pro 9.7 specs vs. the original iPad Pro and iPad Air 2 specs
Looks like the pro 9.7 is the same dimensions as the IPad Air 2.
I have read many times on this forum that the latest iPad mini is the perfect size for Phantom flying. (I use an iPad Air)

Okay now im confused haha... Someone must know for sure if standard phantom 4 can fit ipad pro 9,7

The 9.7" iPad Pro will fit since it's only 6.6" wide. The tablet holder can hold a device up to 6.75" wide.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
How come theres some extender you can buy then

You'll need an extender if your device is wider than 6.75". For example, if you put your iPad Pro in an Otterbox case, you'll definitely need an extender. If you need one, I recommend this extender.

The iPad Pro 9.7 works great but you have to pull it out of the case for it to click in place on the Phantom 4 remote. The Pro also has a lot of glare reduction over the Air so that also might be a consideration.

Thanks guys ill take a look at all 3 and decide

I have a iPad Air 2 and it's a tight fit. I bought a iPad mini 4 and it's perfect! [emoji108]

I have a iPad Air 2 and it's a tight fit. I bought a iPad mini 4 and it's perfect! [emoji108]

iPad mini 2 16 GB here ... Works perfectly. Is dedicated though to my P4 activities with only drone related apps.

I use iPad Pro 9.7 fits perfect and I don't need my spectacles to see where I'm going

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

iPad Pro 9.7 with Apple case fits perfectly
6edbdd7b625915bf23edc790785b8736.jpg
0d1df5c528c234066187eac1d7869468.jpg

Reactions: damascus99
Awesome guys I ordered the ipad pro 9.7 128 gb :)

I use the iPad Pro 12.9" and it is awesome!!!! Wanted a device that I could see. No problem with weight of unit. Awesome viewing.

iPad Pro 12.9" mount adapter for DJI INSPIRE 1 and PHANTOM 4, PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED & PROFESSIONAL

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.