Big week for me

Reaction score
-I got a prop balancer
balanced all props. some were pretty good, others....
the horiz balancing is easy, but the vertical (which, I understand, deals with the hub), is much more
difficult. I even filed off some plastic around the hub, but never got it to be balanced around the vertical.
-I tried hand catching for 1st time.
I let my wife do it first, lest I be injured. (really, I wanted 2 hands on controller if some bs occurred). then, I did it. scary, I'll admit. now I see the wisdom in it and will probably hand catch mostly from now on.
-tried ATTI mode for first time.
wow. I had no idea how much the GPS held the bird in check. at about 100' AGL, I turned on the ATTI and it started drifting immediately. not bad, bc not much wind, but def noticeable.
-yet again, some nice people approached me, even asking me to send the vid to them.

what a fun hobby. looking forward to going to my dad's house on Dog River (near Mobile, AL)

good forum. lots of good info.

I have one stubborn prop that just won't balance. Gave up and picked another one that was great, lol. Out of eight props included, six were super good, one balanced with just a bit of tape, one just refused no matter what I tried. I marked that one as crap and will not use. On hand catching, personally I think more practice should be given to landing on the ground even in windy conditions. It can be done. I'm a pro musician so I won't be putting my hands in that kind of harms way ever, bird or props be damned. Enjoy your P!

Yeah, with the Motif XF8, I would not like blood on the keys. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Garrie
landing on ground is no problem for me. only once, under auto landing due to <10% battery, did I have a problem. thank Thor the bird was already over the beach.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31