Big Shot Line Launcher

Reaction score
I should have known better than to fly in my yard.Nothing but 80 to 100 foot trees. even though I did it a Number of times .Last Sunday My P2V battery gave me a warning at 20% then went up about 80' and took off into a tree. It hung up there in rain and snow until today. My Big shot Sling shot showed up Wednesday .So today I tried it out.After trying out different size throw bags and line I ended up with a 8 oz. bag and Nylon fishing line. Got it on the third throw.I could not catch it, I was by myself. I think the camera is shot from the fall The props are chipped from hitting the tree. The Battery is taking a charge But will check it out before I use it. I put a Hair dryer to it than put it in a plastic bag with about 10# of Rice Let it set a couple of days and see what happens

Any video of the crash ?
That's one way to get her back :D
Make sure you check your numbers in the software & recalibrate .

No Video. But as soon as it dries out will plug it into the computer. I should have waited for a catcher I guess .If it was not in my back yard I would have wrote it off. But looking up in the tree every day I was determined to get it down

I imagine that your battery will return to full function. When I was first setting up my P2, adding the gimbal and Hero 3B, I managed to spill a full glass of wine that fully saturated one battery. The battery was laying horizontally, so the wine got into the chip area.

I first used some paper towels to wipe it down. Then I tapped the bottom of the battery, on paper towels, to get as much wine out as possible. Then, I rinsed it under running water, even directing the water up into the vents. I repeated the paper towel banging. I was at the beach and there was no rice, etc., so I just sat it on paper towels after I could no longer get any water out.

At first, it was constantly showing the battery level, but that soon went away. It partially discharged, but the battery fully recovered and works fine. Starting at age 6, I've been heavily into electronics both as a job and hobby. Such things will happen and done properly, 95% will recover. This includes an iphone dropped into a toilet! Pull the battey out, as the first step.

Rice works, but I like dessicant better. If you don't have any, ask your pharmacist to save the larger packages and tubes for you. (They just throw them away.) As a 'gun nut' they are good for storing guns, too. Great for long term storage of electronics and many other items.

So, alcohol and electronics can mix!

I have a box of desiccant pellets I bought awhile ago for my Plasma Cutter Never used in sealed plastic .What color should the pellets be.Can't remember what color when I bought them. These are purple now,are they still good.

tonylumps said:
I have a box of desiccant pellets I bought awhile ago for my Plasma Cutter Never used in sealed plastic .What color should the pellets be.Can't remember what color when I bought them. These are purple now,are they still good.
:D Yep, they're still good. The beads will turn pink when used, but can be renewed by placing them in a warm oven until they go purple again.

Well had the Bird up today everything back on track Flies perfect .But the camera is toast.I am not spending 400.00 on a new camera for it. I have to see what other options I have

tonylumps said:
Well had the Bird up today everything back on track Flies perfect .But the camera is toast.I am not spending 400.00 on a new camera for it. I have to see what other options I have

SJCAM just came out with their new SJ5000. The price right now is $169.00. I think the price goes up sometime after the initial release but not sure when that would be. Specs look pretty impressive. Same chip as GoPro.

tonylumps said:
Amazon has it for under 100.00.I am not familiar with it Will have to read up on it

I'd be careful of the one on Amazon. In all probability it's not an authentic cam from SJCAM. A REAL SJCAM will have that name on the front of the camera. Here's a thread I started "with links" regarding the cam. Hope it helps....

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30396

PhantomFanatic said:
.....When I was first setting up my P2, adding the gimbal and Hero 3B, I managed to spill a full glass of wine that fully saturated one battery. The battery was laying horizontally, so the wine got into the chip area.
So, alcohol and electronics can mix!
Simon has shown us that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe you should have left the wine in there. At least you could say, "Darn drunken quad flew away on me." :roll:

Hell, I'd have found me a 10 year old kid, give him fifty bucks and tell him to climb the tree.
Ok maybe not but hey, I knew a guy who would have done that in a heartbeat.
A friend of mine lived in a house that had 100 foot tall trees on the one side.
His older brother was always climbing the **** things and showing off how he could get from one to another.
He'd get nearly to the top, then get the tree swinging back and forth, then just catch the other tree and move over.

Suwaneeguy said:
....A friend of mine lived in a house that had 100 foot tall trees on the one side.
His older brother was always climbing the **** things and showing off how he could get from one to another.
He'd get nearly to the top, then get the tree swinging back and forth, then just catch the other tree and move over.
Does he work on several hundred foot towers today. Maybe a high rise window washer. Those people have none, zero, zilch, fear of being up high.

The sling shot worked great.The bird was about 80' up and about 15'out on a branch and looked like it was holding on to the branch like it was afraid to fall But if I would have waited for a catcher I would be in better financial shape

tonylumps said:
You are right it is a copy of the original

Yeah, it's pretty easy for a consumer to be confused unless you know what to look for. Shame too because the real SJ5000 seems to be a pretty decent cam and alternative to the GoPro and I have to wonder if SJCAM company can survive the bad rap from all the knockoff's. I've even seen professionals review the fake SJ5000 & SJ4000 as being the authentic one and they should know better. I guess China doesn't have the protections in place for such things like exists in the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers