BIG PROBLEM with new firmware... no connection...

Reaction score
Today, I turn on the RC and aircraft and I got a message to upgrade the firmware. I hit the upgrade button on DJI GO app, but after that I got message "upgrade failed"... and light blue (white!) appears on the RC LED signal. After that, I tray to upgrade aircraft with SD cards, but after 20 min. signal LED on gimbal (before red-green) turning off. I let the aircraft turn on (there are a sound from the gimbal - like reading the SD card, but after about 10 min. nothing change. I turn off the aircraft.
So, now, when I turn on the RC and aircraft, DJI GO app message is "aircraft is not connected"!!!
Before few min. I install 1.3.20 firmware on aircraft.
After that, I turn on the RC, go to "enter camera", status... its a message to upgrade the firmware. After downloading, hit "upgrade" ... and message "upgrade failed... current ver. 1.3.20... download ver. 1.3.20".
I turn on the aircraft, BUT still no connection between RC and aircraft.
On RC LED light blue still.

I lost all day to make aircraft and RC in connection but I can not.
Please HELP !!!
???????

Forget the app and check turn on the RC and the Phantom, is there connection between them? Is green the light in the RC.? Try to start the engines, does it work?

Today, I turn on the RC and aircraft and I got a message to upgrade the firmware. I hit the upgrade button on DJI GO app, but after that I got message "upgrade failed"... and light blue (white!) appears on the RC LED signal. After that, I tray to upgrade aircraft with SD cards, but after 20 min. signal LED on gimbal (before red-green) turning off. I let the aircraft turn on (there are a sound from the gimbal - like reading the SD card, but after about 10 min. nothing change. I turn off the aircraft.
So, now, when I turn on the RC and aircraft, DJI GO app message is "aircraft is not connected"!!!
Before few min. I install 1.3.20 firmware on aircraft.
After that, I turn on the RC, go to "enter camera", status... its a message to upgrade the firmware. After downloading, hit "upgrade" ... and message "upgrade failed... current ver. 1.3.20... download ver. 1.3.20".
I turn on the aircraft, BUT still no connection between RC and aircraft.
On RC LED light blue still.

I lost all day to make aircraft and RC in connection but I can not.
Please HELP !!!
???????
you may have to upgrade the controller manually by using a usb sd card reader. Format the SD card so that there are no files on it. Extract the bin file to the card to the root directory of the SD Card or copy it from your computer to the root directory of teh SD card. Make sure there are no other files on the card. Place the SD card in the usb card reader and insert that into the controller, Turn the controller on and the update will probably take 10 to 20 minutes. When the light turns green on the controller the ugrade is completed.
Turn off the controller. Check the text file on the SD card-- if it reads Success-- you are good to go with the controller.

Place the SD card in the Phantom. Power up the Phantom. As it starts the upgrade process a red and green light will blink on the front of the Gimbal mount-- it those lights are blinking, it is updating. DO NOT turn the Phantom off-- let it do it's thing for 30 minutes. It will probably finish in about 20 minutes, but to make sure, give it a full thirty minutes.

When the controller and the phantom have matching firmware, the upgrade is a success and then each battery has to be upgraded also. Follow every step in the upgrade instructions to the letter and every thing should go off without issues. If you skip one step or not power or off as instructed or turn the controller or Phantom off to quickly , the firmware upgrade will fail. Be sure and check the text files on the SD card which will let you know if the upgrade was a success.

All day I work with same battery. And aircraft its not a problem.
I think, that RC is a problem. LED light is blue all the time. And Remote Controller Signal is 0.
Like is blocked on update mode.
On turning ON, blue light appears (no blinking)

I think, that RC is a problem. LED light is blue all the time. And Remote Controller Signal is 0.
upgrade the controller again per my post above

Do RC have a RESET button???

upgrade the controller again per my post above

I try to do upgrade several times, but not working with USB or connecting USB cable to aircraft.
Only with DJI GO app, but its show same version with upgrade.

See the video...
The Phantom firmware is not upgraded and until it is, you will not be able to connect. 1.3.2 on the controller and 1.3.2 on the Phantom

The Phantom firmware is not upgraded and until it is, you will not be able to connect. 1.3.2 on the controller and 1.3.2 on the Phantom

Do you see on the video that its show current version 1.3.20???
And how to install when DJI GO app can't do it. With USB card or USB cable nothing hapend.

And on the aircraft:----------------------------------------
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???????
RC is BLOCKED in UPGRADE MODE.

Do you see on the video that its show current version 1.3.20???
And how to install when DJI GO app can't do it. With USB card or USB cable nothing hapend.

And on the aircraft:----------------------------------------
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???????
RC is BLOCKED in UPGRADE MODE.

It looks like the RC is current and the Phantom is not.. When you upgrade the Phantom, you have to TURN THE RC OFF -- it has nothing to doe with upgrading the Phantom Firmware. Follow the upgrade instructions to the letter. If you have the RC on the Phantom will not upgrade.

It looks like the RC is current and the Phantom is not.. When you upgrade the Phantom, you have to TURN THE RC OFF -- it has nothing to doe with upgrading the Phantom Firmware. Follow the upgrade instructions to the letter. If you have the RC on the Phantom will not upgrade.

Hi Bobmyers.
I do not understand why you insist that the problem is the aircraft? Phantom upgrade is done properly and on turning on normally starts.
RC on startup should I hear a beep, and LED light should chainging colors. This not hapend. The light is blue like when is upgrading. See the video. And on the GO app -sign for radio-streingh is gray. This mean that RC do not emits radio-signals.
Also, in GO app you can connect RC with aircraft frequency, but my RC do not start browsing at all.
Also, I can not installing RC firmware v.1.2.6 or v.13.20 or any other becouse when I put USB card in RC usb port... nothing hapend...

So, My conclusion is that RC is locked in upgrade mode and should somehow be reset.
But, how???

Last edited:
There are 2 models of RC, A and B (see label on back of RC). Model A is updated only with a USB stick and B only through the app.

Have you tried leaving the firmware on the phantom and using the gimbal as the USB stick? The gimbal is the most compatible USB stick for the P3.
Take the micro usb (supplied) and plug the micro end to the side of the gimbal and the rectangular end to the RC USB port.
Turn on P3 first, then turn on remote. Wait for the Green > Blue > Green.

Have you tried leaving the firmware on the phantom and using the gimbal as the USB stick? The gimbal is the most compatible USB stick for the P3.
Take the micro usb (supplied) and plug the micro end to the side of the gimbal and the rectangular end to the RC USB port.
Turn on P3 first, then turn on remote. Wait for the Green > Blue > Green.

I tray all the metods, meny times, all day... nothing.
RC is on blue light and I can not changed.
Can somebody tell me how to reset RC???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20