BIG lag on video - P3A

Reaction score
Hi peeps

lately im experiencing big lags in video on my p3a
wasnt like that at the begining, its not 40 plus flights
didnt crash it or something ....
im using latest firmware DJI supply on thier site
its not that i loose the video totally or i have interferences, its just very big delays
sometimes its ok, somtimes not, and its not the distance either, it can happen also when the drone is near me
can happen in 2 meters away, and can be ok when its 1 km from me ... it comes and goes
cant put my finger on what mught causing it

anyone got any good advice on what i can do / try ???

thx

UPDATE: im trying to downgrade the FW now back to 1.8.80
hopefully it'll succeed and help with my video issues

Last edited:
Try using a program that closes all background apps (there a lot of apps you probably don't know that are running in the background). I have noticed that helps a lot with my live feed.

Reactions: jakeglik
i also tried with a friends smartphone, was the same issue
anyway i managed to downgrade the FW to 1.8 which i had no issues at all, so hope it will solve this
also formating my smartphone to upgrade android

i discovered after few minutes the lag in video starts going bad, and when i switch off the drone and turn ot back on, the lag disapears untill the next few minutes

any idea ???

i discovered after few minutes the lag in video starts going bad, and when i switch off the drone and turn ot back on, the lag disapears untill the next few minutes

any idea ???

something maybe overheating after you run it for a few minutes and then when you shut done it cools down ....repeat....

good luck!.

I am having he exact same issue. Never had the lag before, flying in the same location as before. All the sudden it's lags, sometimes when I'm holding the quad in my hand other times when I'm 200m out. Doesn't seem to be consistent. I am running all current firmware and app. Coincidentally or not, it stared as on July 14tg when the most recent update came out for dji app on iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am having he exact same issue. Never had the lag before, flying in the same location as before. All the sudden it's lags, sometimes when I'm holding the quad in my hand other times when I'm 200m out. Doesn't seem to be consistent. I am running all current firmware and app. Coincidentally or not, it stared as on July 14tg when the most recent update came out for dji app on iPhone.

Try a different Memory Card (...recommended Class 10 rating). It just might solve the problem.

Reactions: jakeglik
Try a different Memory Card (...recommended Class 10 rating). It just might solve the problem.
yeah i thought about that ....although the lag appears even without the SD card inserted, its the original blue 16gb SD card that came with the drone
but wont hurt to try anyway.. thx kim

im using android, i tried other phones and also iphone 5s, upgrade downgrade, relink the tx ... nothing helps
only thing left to try is replace the SD card as KIM suggested

Same problem here I've been waiting for next firmware update to see if it fixes anything

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Same problem here I've been waiting for next firmware update to see if it fixes anything

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

after trying everything including downgrade to earlier firmware 1.8 i gave the drone to the shop i bought it from, its under warranty
let them break the head over this issue, will see in few days what they come up with ....

got my drone back from the shop today, it appears that the issue was due to lots of dust and sand in the gimbal / camera area, there was bad connections , they cleaned it good, and now after 2 long flights it seems to be good again
lag and distortion free video

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl