Big issues to update the firmware

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
sorry if i'm posting on the wrong section of the forum, i hope this is ok otherwise please let me know.
I'm having a very big problem to install the update of the firmware and in this moment I'M NOT ABLE TO FLY and I'm thinking to go against DJI because my machine got some problems. Please tell me your opinion and let me know if I'm doing something wrong. My Phantom is on the ground since months.
I bought one of the first phantom professional after the first release and I'm still have ON the first firmware on it.
Months ago I've tried to install one of the updates (i think it was the 1.4 but I'm not sure). I followed all the procedures, I'm an IT person and I think I got enough experience to do this kind of operations. After 10/15 minutes the procedures has stopped with a RED light on the gimbal of the drone. I checked the txt files and I found this:
Result: Failed.

Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Since that day, EVERY TIME i try to repeat the installation of ANY FIRMWARE it stops after just few seconds with the same single loud noise and the red light on the gimbal.
I did the update of the remote control but now if I try to fly I can't see anymore the live image of the camera on my iPad. I can see only a grey screen.
I tried many many things. I've checked all the most popular forums but I'm still on the ground. I spent almost 2000 dollars for nothing and I do not know how fix this problem.

Any kind of suggestion of help is appreciate ... really i'm desperate.

Sorry and thank you very much.
Enri

Last edited:
What version is your current FW?

Just checking, you out the firmware on SD card then into the camera unit then turn on the drone right?

If you did that, try formating the SD card with the drone, copy firmware on SD card again, put SD card in drone, then power on again. It can take more then 20 minutes so be patient.

Seems like you already are on latest FW. If you are trying to go back to older firmware, you will need to do 1 version at a time.

This is really strange .... i tried many times to do the update and I NEVER HAD the green light... all my attempts were about 4 or 5 minutes so it is impossible it went go well. Sorry, is there any possibility to check in another way if I'm really using the 1.6 ?

Also I'm still not receiving the signal from the camera. The drone now works (i've just tried) but the screen is still grey with the NO SIGNAL message on the top.

Your post earlier indicated the aircraft is already on latest firmware.

Try uninstalling the dji go app, then reinstall.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj