Big Island of Hawaii Pictures - Beaches, Cliffs, Dolphins

Reaction score
I've been getting more in to taking stills versus just videos when I fly here on our Hawaii trip.

Here's a couple of my best shots. I hope you enjoy them. :)

Attachments

• DJI00483.JPG
    DJI00483.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 510
  • DJI00500.JPG
    DJI00500.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 587
  • DJI00512.JPG
    DJI00512.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 545
  • DJI00518.JPG
    DJI00518.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 542
  • DJI00548.JPG
    DJI00548.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 583
Re: Big Island of Hawaii Pictures - Beaches, Cliffs, Dolphin

Great shots !! Looks like you stayed on the kona side?

Mholz said:

Thanks, yes we're on the Kona side in Holualoa surrounded by coffee farms.

But we've been driving all over the island being tour guides for my brother and his wife and now my mother in law is here.

Some of the pictures are from the green sand beach at South Point and then I tried flying at Waipio valley near Waimea.

Waipio Valley is so huge that I lost signal early on and also suffered a "low speed memory card" issue. Plus I heard tour helicopters approaching in the distance, so I got out of there quickly.

I think I cured the low speed memory card issue by formatting the card after months of just deleting some older files and then recording new videos.

AndysAdventures said:
Mholz said:

Thanks, yes we're on the Kona side in Holualoa surrounded by coffee farms.

But we've been driving all over the island being tour guides for my brother and his wife and now my mother in law is here.

Some of the pictures are from the green sand beach at South Point and then I tried flying at Waipio valley near Waimea.

Waipio Valley is so huge that I lost signal early on and also suffered a "low speed memory card" issue. Plus I heard tour helicopters approaching in the distance, so I got out of there quickly.

I think I cured the low speed memory card issue by formatting the card after months of just deleting some older files and then recording new videos.

Great Locations, my family has a house off of Ali'i drive right in that area. I just got back from a 3 week trip there, be careful if you try to fly at the summit of Mauna Kea, I had some issues with lift I believe was due to the high altitude. Almost lost the Phantom !! Did you fly at the top of Waipio or down by the black sand beach at the base ? Here is some footage I got from my last trip there .. http://youtu.be/WzWjwEfWTx0

Mholz said:
Great Locations, my family has a house off of Ali'i drive right in that area. I just got back from a 3 week trip there, be careful if you try to fly at the summit of Mauna Kea, I had some issues with lift I believe was due to the high altitude. Almost lost the Phantom !! Did you fly at the top of Waipio or down by the black sand beach at the base ? Here is some footage I got from my last trip there .. http://youtu.be/WzWjwEfWTx0

Yeah, I saw your video. Very cool. That's some great editing, music and flying. :D

I read your thread about Mauna Kea. I won't be flying up there. Thanks for the warning.

My brother drove our 10 year old Toyota Corolla up to the summit on a hot and dry day earlier this month. It wasn't too bad of a drive but I felt the altitude sickness up there, so we won't be going back. Once was enough for me and probably also for my wife's old car. :)

I do plan on going back to fly at the various waterfalls. Your video inspired me to eventually get around to making a compilation video of the trip.

I flew from the lookout area at the top of Waipio Valley. I had lots of people around me when I was flying. The footage wasn't very interesting due to the signal loss and the low speed memory card issue stopping the recording every 30-45 seconds. It was fun to have everyone clapping for me when I hand caught the Phantom at the rock wall.

I don't plan on flying there again due to the tour helicopters. Maybe if we hike down to the bottom I will fly down there.

AndysAdventures said:
Mholz said:

Yeah, I saw your video. Very cool. That's some great editing, music and flying. :D

I read your thread about Mauna Kea. I won't be flying up there. Thanks for the warning.

My brother drove our 10 year old Toyota Corolla up to the summit on a hot and dry day earlier this month. It wasn't too bad of a drive but I felt the altitude sickness up there, so we won't be going back. Once was enough for me and probably also for my wife's old car. :)

I do plan on going back to fly at the various waterfalls. Your video inspired me to eventually get around to making a compilation video of the trip.

I flew from the lookout area at the top of Waipio Valley. I had lots of people around me when I was flying. The footage wasn't very interesting due to the signal loss and the low speed memory card issue stopping the recording every 30-45 seconds. It was fun to have everyone clapping for me when I hand caught the Phantom at the rock wall.

I don't plan on flying there again due to the tour helicopters. Maybe if we hike down to the bottom I will fly down there.

Last year when I went up Mauna Kea with one of my buddies he felt the same. After 5 mins at the summit he wanted to leave right away. Glad you enjoyed my footage as well, thanks for watching it !! There was one waterfall I did not get to visit while in Wiapio - Hi'ilawe falls..Looks incredible to fly the phantom but have heard mixed reviews in regards to it being private property and such ..Also good thing you did not fall off the rock wall at Waipio hand catching the bird !! That would have been awful hahaha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20