Big Eddy on the Clackamas

Helihover, great video! I just bought my first Phantom 3 Standard and I'm new to all this. I still have much to learn. How do you have your video set up to get such good results? So far, my footage is pretty grainy and choppy. Not terribly so but it doesn't compare to yours. Thanks.

Reactions: Helihover
I'm shooting 1080 @ 60 fps on this video. I usually shoot @ 25 fps, but I am trying some new things. Actually I wasn't impressed too much with these shots and only published it for the people down on the rocks. I accidentally caught some guys rock crawling from a FB group.

If you look closely, you can see a pulse type of flashing which some call jello in the opening shot. The SS was too high because of the brightness and I should of been using a filter to reduce this.

In general, try to get your shutter speed at double the frame rate. If your shooting @ 60 fps, like in this vid, you would want to be at a 120 SS for the best results.

Then there's post. The colors in this video are tweaked a bit along with sections that are sped up and slowed down combined with my imagination to give you what you see. This takes a decent computer.

It all starts will flying however. You need to have your UAV set up properly to achieve some of these smooth, flowing shots. Expo needs to turned up along with the gimble being slowed down. And practice practice practice!

Welcome to the forum!

Loved your shots. Hated the fade to black as cuts. Great jop in post. Thought the contrast and saturation were very pleasing. Now I'm gonna go find me a river.

Do you think blur is better?

I take my clues from the motion picture industry. I simply copy what the college educated big budget guys do. Watch a luxury car commercial or two. Let me know what you find when it comes to cuts.

I take my clues from the motion picture industry. I simply copy what the college educated big budget guys do. Watch a luxury car commercial or two. Let me know what you find when it comes to cuts.

Ya. .... Some of my vids have no transitions, but sometimes I feel transitions are needed to assist the flow. I'll watch a few car commercials and get some more ideas. Thanks!

Cool! I watched it. I've got a few of those vids on my YT channel too.

What's your channel? I'll check them out. I still need to work on smoother camera tilt...lol. I move it up and down to fast after watching other people's videos...I'm gonna go fly across the Columbia river today to the Washington side I think.

What's your channel? I'll check them out. I still need to work on smoother camera tilt...lol. I move it up and down to fast after watching other people's videos...I'm gonna go fly across the Columbia river today to the Washington side I think.

Awesome! I have a Bridge of the Gods video too:). The link to my channel is in my sig.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj