Big day for my psyche

Reaction score
I went flying during lunch and did things I've never tried.

First I used the return home. I know this sounds basic, but I didn't trust it because it elevates first (so I stopped it in the past).

I also flew it about 100 yards away and let it fly back full throttle. I then did this at various altitudes.

Then I flew it over water. This was my biggest fear!

Today was my biggest day from an operating standpoint thus far. I learned a lot and grew more comfortable.

Here's a pic I took while hovering over a lake. (Small steps). Thanks to those who replied to my previous post about my apprehensions. The posts instilled confidence!

3d4543adb18b7144f995e8dbc014d88f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's awesome! And I'm glad to hear you're taking it slow - too many stories of new users trusting the drone too much before truly knowing what it can/can't be trusted to do.

small steps my friend, good pic, confidence will build with every flight , I still suffer from vertigo when I look at the view on the tablet from the hovering drone 50ft up ! its a learning curve ,but well worth it with patience, time and commitment

#HaveTheFaith

Good to hear. Now on the RTH - you do know it's supposed to rise to the RTH height you specify in the app don't you? If not suggest familiarise with it and practice using it, it should boost your confidence massively knowing if you get in trouble you can get home safely. Best wishes

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Good to hear. Now on the RTH - you do know it's supposed to rise to the RTH height you specify in the app don't you? If not suggest familiarise with it and practice using it, it should boost your confidence massively knowing if you get in trouble you can get home safely. Best wishes

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes. But the first time I used it, it climbed and I wasn't sure what was happening. I read more and learned more. Lol.

Yes. But the first time I used it, it climbed and I wasn't sure what was happening.

You're not alone. The first time I saw that P4 climbing up to 200 feet for a "test" RTH I just about flipped out.

Now that I'm ready for it, it's no longer a "problem".

Of course now when it goes into RTH I usually can't see it anyway.

AD

Reactions: Flying Ant
I am glad you posted. I just took my maiden flight this past Sunday.. windy and rainy but I had to do it. I am very happy with the control that I had. I live where I have water on 3 sides so I hope to get some great shots from offshore. Patience and practice will get me there.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Flying Ant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan