BH Photo Giftcard with $869..Selling for $669!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sorry I would have to get confirmation from B&H before even thinking of sending cash.

Using Paypal, & then using a credit card via Paypal, offers the buyer 2 layers of protection. This is a good deal. I wish I could use it.
Good Luck.

Jimmy

No one wants to pay that much for a giftcard and take the risk. True market value is $500.

Seems a little shady. I just want to protect the newbs from getting ripped off. Not worth it.

I never got around to calling B&H since he wouldn't take my offer ($620). They are closed today. Someone can call and tell us all if he is blowing smoke or not.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 1,024
$300 cash! Nobody wants it. You're never gonna sell, take the money now, before you can't pay your rent. End of the month is coming!

Jimmy,
Agreed that using pay pal is the safest way,
but asking some one to buy it before monday when they can call B&H to verify that the
giftcard is good and has not been used seems a bit shady.

I don't know you and I can't say anything bad or good about your trustworthiness.
With that said what is to prevent you from using the gift card as soon as you collect the money for it.

The only way I would do it is to have the purchase on the B&H page pending and you provided the pin.
then make the purchase and see if the pin is good.
then and only then I would send the pay pal payment.

Mav456 said:
Reduced to $650 has to go today

Edit never mind. Your reason for dumping this supposed gift card is that you don't want another, yet you're in other threads in here trying to buy them. Too skeptical

B&H Gift Card Policy
Purchases will be deducted from the card until the balance reaches zero. This card can be used in combination with other payment methods. The B&H Gift Card is redeemable for merchandise only and is not transferrable. It may not be redeemed for cash. will not be replaced if lost or stolen.

Mav456 said:
SarahSmiles said:
B&H Gift Card Policy
Purchases will be deducted from the card until the balance reaches zero. This card can be used in combination with other payment methods. The B&H Gift Card is redeemable for merchandise only and is not transferrable. It may not be redeemed for cash. will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
I think they mean transferable to cash.

If that's what they "meant", it would be a bit redundant considering they follow up with "It may not be redeemed for cash". I think they mean not transferable to other people.

I'd look to see what photo gear around $800 is selling well on Ebay, then buy one with the gift card and sell it there. Alternatively, you could buy a bunch of Phantom 2 batteries and props and sell those here.

hey, I just saw this thread and I am interested in the giftcard. I'm new to the forum so I can't pm you so can you pm me and we can discuss the details? Thanks!

looks like i can't even reply to pm's that I receive. worst thought out forum I've ever seen.

Mav can you email me at amsoft8000 (At) hot mail (dot) com

PayPal friends and family, thats about the dumbest way a buyer could pay you! Sure works out good for a scam though. Why would someone complain about $20 in fees to help give your buyer some peace of mind and get a deal done? Face it, nobody trusts you or your antics. The card is worthless to others here because it is non transferable, said so in the terms and conditions pretty clearly.

Mav456 said:
Thanks Drew, I appreciate your negative trolling. The buyer of the card will be getting a great deal, FREE $220!! I don't want to continue to lose money on the deal, hence friends and family. All gift cards are just numbers in the company's database and a dollar amount attached to it. Hence, any item including a
PV plus can be purchased and the buyer will get that brand new PV plus at a lower cost, $220 off, than anyone has ever gotten one in the history if the internet.

LOL, pot meet kettle... I guess I do not appreciate you doing the same to others on here over and over. I am sure you know the golden rule... "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". How bout you layoff piping in on the countless ads you try to play price police and bash other members goods. I will take the high road and end this here. If you continue your antics, then you get your antics back. By me and the many others who are sick of it all as you well know. End of story, good luck with your sale.

jimdenburg said:
Mav456 said:
SarahSmiles said:
B&H Gift Card Policy
I think they mean transferable to cash.

If that's what they "meant", it would be a bit redundant considering they follow up with "It may not be redeemed for cash". I think they mean not transferable to other people.

Yes, it does. Not transferable to other people. They keep a rrecord of all gift cards issued and the email addresses.

Adorama has the same:

Terms and Conditions of Adorama Gift Certificates
Gift certificates do not have an expiration date. The balance due on an order that exceeds the gift certificate amount must be paid by credit card. Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's gift certificate account and is not transferable. Gift certificates are non-transferable. Gift certificates may not be purchased or redeemed for international orders. Gift certificates cannot be used to purchase gift certificates or gift cards. Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a refund. Gift certificate cash value is 1/10 of one cent. We are not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates. When redeeming Gift certificates in our store a proper ID with a valid US Address will be required. Adorama will have the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained gift certificate is either redeemed through the adorama.com Web site or in our store.

That's interesting that you would drop the price at 3pm when they close at 2pm and won't be open again until Sunday which means there is zero way to verify the gift cards balance. If there is a balance left. Not to mention it's already been pointed out that you can't transfer the gift cards. You're basically selling the equalivant of Monopoly money. It has no value to anyone but you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic