Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Beware P2V Iphone app gave wrong battery %

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by benski, Apr 13, 2014.

1. benski

Just an alert for all users have just upgraded to latest DJI Vision App for P2V my battery indicator on Ipone app showed 96% but when I landed it was actually 4%

I was flying for about 20 minutes today and was wondering why I hadn't heard the familiar claxon horn alerting me battery was getting flat. The app showed me that I still had 96% battery left. Not trusting that the new app had improved energy efficiency that much I flew the P2V back to look how many lights were displaying on battery and to my shock saw only 1 light illuminated.

I quickly landed and then after the P2V was shutdown the app then showed 4%. I had constant streaming for the full flight but it appears there was a glitch with battery data.

This is the first time i have had this issue and with 20 odd flights with old app never had this. This flight was only the second with new app upgrade so I hope it isn't the flavour of things to come.

2. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

That's weird. I had a similar problem yesterday. It was so bright out that I had a hard time seeing the screen on my Nexus 7. I thought I'd been up in the air a long time, so brought her down enough where I could see the battery lights. I was down to one full green and a flickering second. That's WAY past klaxon time, and no klaxon. I was up for over 26 minutes with a stock P2V and added Flytrex core... I'm going to test this again today and really keep an eye on what's going on...

Other than that, it was a completely unremarkable flight. Nothing at all went wrong, other than that...

-slinger

3. benski

2 people having this issue is 2 people too many.

I have sent an email to DJI Support in the hope they can release a patch for the latest version of app as this never happened with old app.

Will post here if they come back with anything