Beware ordering Mavic from Amazon

Reaction score
DJI Store selling on Amazon as a third party is charging the credit card immediately for a November ship date. Beware when preordering there that your gonna get charged right away...I'm now fighting with them for a refund, they show the order as preparing for shipping immediately so either they are shipping now or playing games to collect the payment a month ahead of shipping.

DJI Store selling on Amazon as a third party is charging the credit card immediately for a November ship date. Beware when preordering there that your gonna get charged right away...I'm now fighting with them for a refund, they show the order as preparing for shipping immediately so either they are shipping now or playing games to collect the payment a month ahead of shipping.
I ordered with "DJI Official Store" via Amazon. I'm showing that there is an Authorization request but no actual charge. Still showing I'll receive it as soon as Oct 25. I called Amazon, and they said said this is normal behavior for some 3rd party sellers, and I should be charged only when the item is shipped. Amazon did put in a request on my behalf to ask exactly when card will be charged. Maybe you're lucky and it is being shipped? What time did you order it yesterday?

Last edited:
I ordered with "DJI Official Store" via Amazon. I'm showing that there is an Authorization request but no actual charge.
Same deal for me. The charge hasn't actually posted yet.

Reactions: Michaelangelo
I ordered with "DJI Official Store" via Amazon. I'm showing that there is an Authorization request but no actual charge. Still showing I'll receive it as soon as Oct 25. I called Amazon, and they said said this is normal behavior for some 3rd party sellers, and I should be charged only when the item is shipped. Amazon did put in a request on my behalf to ask exactly when card will be charged. Maybe you're lucky and it is being shipped? What time did you order it yesterday?
I ordered around 2-3 pm. I talked with Amazon today. DJI Actually put the charge through on my card and Amazon wasn't happy about it, now they claim to be refunding, 2-3 days..

Is the dji.com website store collecting at purchase, or when the product is shipped like all previous years?

Reactions: Auusie_P3S_pilot
I just bought some Mavic accessories from the DJI Store today and I was charged immediately. I paid via PayPal.

I just bought some Mavic accessories from the DJI Store today and I was charged immediately. I paid via PayPal.

That's kind of what I thought. I just spent 45 minutes on the stupid live chat getting no where with them. They could not answer the question "Will my credit card/bank card be charged at the time of purchase or at the shipping date?".

And look at this response:

Jared
shipping time will be the middle of OCT
we can not promise the ETD due to the large amount of orders for the Mavic
Everyone wants their Mavic to be shipped in the first place

Reactions: Paradillon
I thought DJI always charged cards right away.

I asked via e-mail yesterday (I am from the UK and consumer law is somewhat different than the US) specially about charge-before-ship and they said they do charge the card at time of order. Even with a pre-order product, in the UK (and maybe the EU in general) they have 30 days, which is considered a "reasonable time", in which to deliver the good you have ordered.

I thought DJI always charged cards right away.

My card was not processed until date of ship when the P3P came out May 2015. On this go around, since the Identity fraud situation I thought maybe I could go ahead and reserve the Mavic like I did on the P3P. But this time they process the transaction. I can see where some have mixed feelings on the subject. In the business sense it is the only way to handle it. Customers back out with buyers remorse and spend money elsewhere, is reason enough to charge at time of pre-order.

But then on the customer side, having your money in limbo for X-number of weeks, and then face the possibility of back order puts a completely different spin on how to look at it.

Bob we are talking ordering with DJI but through AMAZON..Not DJI direct....Looks like they are charging now, raising funds to produce birds 30 days from now. Not good.
Sorry. I got that. I was just adding that Amazon is not alone. DJI direct charged right away.

When I ordered my drone it said like shipping in 3 weeks but a few days later I got notice it was being shipped and than it had been shipped. I got it in about 5 days or so.

Most places charge the full amount upfront UNLESS you put just a small deposit down and then the balance is charged at time of shipment.

I asked via e-mail yesterday (I am from the UK and consumer law is somewhat different than the US) specially about charge-before-ship and they said they do charge the card at time of order. Even with a pre-order product, in the UK (and maybe the EU in general) they have 30 days, which is considered a "reasonable time", in which to deliver the good you have ordered.

In the UK if you paid by VISA goods are meant to be delivered within 14 days.
I know this because I ordered a £700 camera from China that Visa refunded to me after the expected delivery time
(10 weeks later the camera turned up ) LOL

I ordered from the DJI store. my credit card was charged immediately, and also got dinged by a foreign transaction fee

I also ordered via DJI store and my payment has been collected right away. not really that bothered though ... i just want it delivered :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31