Beware of HeliPal!

Just placed another order with HeliPal for some odd things- I find they are not always the cheapest- but they have always been very tight with the shipping speeds (considering international airmail- I am on the least coast in the states)

I like their detailed product descriptions and thorough documentation- something I was unaccustomed to with Chinese vendors. In fact, I have to say that better than 90% of my business with Chinese vendors has become very easy these last 5 years (my other job involves a lot of communication with the folks there)

I will revise my earlier statement - I have ordered from them in the past, small items (batteries, FPV gear, etc.) and yes, they send regular communications. However, I ordered an F550 ARF from them on March 4, paid for expedited shipping as my order included batteries. In the past, the expedited orders were delivered in 3-4 days. So I followed up with them after a week and that's when I was told that they do not have the kits in stock. The professional thing to do is for their site to state that a product is out of stock. That way at least the buyer can make an informed decision to wait or find another retailer. Thankfully I am not under some extreme deadline to get this built. I decided to wait because the newer stock would've included the updated motors. It's been over three weeks...

Really... That is the only problem with vendors in china and hk. They do sometimes have low stock on items. I make it a point to at least email them if it available if I need it urgently or by a certain date.

Helipal customer here. Ordered my Phantom v1.1.1 from them and didnt have any problems. Prompt replies and delivery.

hellhole said:
Really... That is the only problem with vendors in china and hk. They do sometimes have low stock on items. I make it a point to at least email them if it available if I need it urgently or by a certain date.

Yup. Lesson learned: just because it's listed on their website with a 'purchase now' button, does not mean they actually have the product.

I have had all positive experiences with Helipal. When you order anything from China, expect very long ship times. I must have ordered a half dozen things from them over the years and it is always shipped out within 24 hours. It is completely out of their control once shipped...

I've ordered from them twice, had no issues. excellent shipping times and cust service.

Hi Guys: Just read this notice on HeliPal and have to say I've ordered from them twice without any problems at all. Ordered a gimbal the first time and 2 spare Phantom 1 batteries the second. Each time the response was quick and I got emails from them each time the package was scanned here in the US. I wasn't home for delivery, but someone else signed for the package and I had an email within minutes of the signing telling me the package had been delivered. I know no system is perfect, but these guys have a pretty good track record with me. I have no qualms about ordering from them at all. And PayPal worked fine.

My order from HeliPal arrived here in New Jersey on Saturday, nine days after I placed the order. I received several emails along the way, advising me the status of my order. Nothing to complain about in my opinion.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think HeliPal is based in Hong Kong and they got cheap products from Mainland China for export.

9Jamie said:
I think HeliPal is based in Hong Kong and they got cheap products from Mainland China for export.

I think you are right. The only question would be whether a DJI product from them is different than a DJI product from someone else. I don't think there is a difference. Of course, Helipal isn't the best deal but they seem very good and very close to most low prices. Their tracking is superb and my dealings with them have been great.

I ordered from FoxFPV for a few things just recently. They also seem good but I haven't received anything yet. ;-}

9Jamie said:

Is there a problem with cheap products that happen to work? Did you check to see where your phantom is made?

I mean Hong Kong is in close proximity with Mainland China, therefore Helipal (HK) can get easy access to the DJI manufacturer.

Ok - now that we know whom to avoid - does anybody have recommendations for a good online store?

i thought i can trust them....dont trust them...i have an issue and it still going on. they have my money and i dont have the package. ill post the story later on.

I ordered an Airey 2000 gimbal, what I got did not fit the Phantom and was unbranded.... They sent a replacement, which I think was a Storm... It didn't work. I don't get replies to emails anymore.

They also make their site look like a UK based operation (at least here in the UK) you pay in US $, but then find out that they are actualy based in Hong Kong!

I have said it before on this site - Don't deal with them.

What it says on the tine isn't what you get!!!

Seems they all do spotty things. I ordered an expensive part from FoxTech FPV - ordered it DHL and paid the premium. They let it sit in their warehouse for five days. I contacted them (email) yesterday and then got up at 3 a.m. this morning (4 p.m. their time) and sent another email saying to cancel my order if the item wasn't in the mail today. This morning the DHL status was changed to 'picked up'. I'm not impressed. It is going to take two weeks to get to me - just slightly faster than regular China post.

I'll probably get a Wombat or something in the package.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl