Beware of Drones

when i see a video like this, it makes me want to throw my DRONE right on ebay and sell it to the next idiot that comes along. I bought my DRONE thinking some day there may be an opportunity to make money with it in the real estate market or shooting local advertisement videos. I get turned down more and more often to do photo shoots because of people reading about stunts like this and want nothing to do with DRONES on their property. I'm trying to give this hobby a chance, But i'm losing faith being only able to fly in my backyard. Way to go moron, great video.

Marsfalcon said:
when i see a video like this, it makes me want to throw my DRONE right on ebay and sell it to the next idiot that comes along. I bought my DRONE thinking some day there may be an opportunity to make money with it in the real estate market or shooting local advertisement videos. I get turned down more and more often to do photo shoots because of people reading about stunts like this and want nothing to do with DRONES on their property. I'm trying to give this hobby a chance, But i'm losing faith being only able to fly in my backyard. Way to go moron, great video.

+1 The public already has negativity towards personal drones and stunts like this will only make it worse.

PhantomFanatic said:
Marsfalcon said:

+1 The public already has negativity towards personal drones and stunts like this will only make it worse.

I am pretty sure this was not someone's attempt at a real estate video demo real! You need to temper your attitude on "fun" with reality. Maybe people aren't hiring you because it is illegal and apparently they care and you don't. I would say you (mars falcon) have a higher likelihood of running afoul of the FAA than Cletus, his brother Daryl, and his other brother Daryl

What the people on this video did was pretty funny to me and quite honestly makes me want to try it. I may have a skewed background though as we did this sort of thing playing "war" as kids using bottle rockets, "grenade" fire crackers, roman candles, and "sniper" daisy bb guns. It never occurred to us to use eye protection. I know that playing war is not politically correct today, so please don't blast me for what we did 40 years ago. Seeing that several responses to this are harshly negative, I guess that if I ever did this sort of thing, I wouldn't post the video so that I wouldn't hurt any feelings or dent the already low public perception of "drones".

It is my understanding that the FAA rules forbids commercial drone photography. Unless the makers of this video where filming in Georgia where fireworks are apparently illegal, they weren't breaking any rules and they produced a video that was fun to watch.

Crashing on the White House lawn, now THAT one hurt public perception. CNN ripped up the drone hobby and turned us all into wannabe terrorists. This happened at a terrible time as two states are dealing with legislation to criminalize taking images with unmanned aircraft.

terrylowe said:
What the people on this video did was pretty funny to me and quite honestly makes me want to try it. I may have a skewed background though as we did this sort of thing playing "war" as kids using bottle rockets, "grenade" fire crackers, roman candles, and "sniper" daisy bb guns. It never occurred to us to use eye protection. I know that playing war is not politically correct today, so please don't blast me for what we did 40 years ago. Seeing that several responses to this are harshly negative, I guess that if I ever did this sort of thing, I wouldn't post the video so that I wouldn't hurt any feelings or dent the already low public perception of "drones".

It is my understanding that the FAA rules forbids commercial drone photography. Unless the makers of this video where filming in Georgia where fireworks are apparently illegal, they weren't breaking any rules and they produced a video that was fun to watch.

Crashing on the White House lawn, now THAT one hurt public perception. CNN ripped up the drone hobby and turned us all into wannabe terrorists. This happened at a terrible time as two states are dealing with legislation to criminalize taking images with unmanned aircraft.

Will it be newsworthy when CNN crashes a drone in gathering "news?"

sdtrojan said:
Will it be newsworthy when CNN crashes a drone in gathering "news?"

LOL! I WOULD find that newsworthy. I'd bet CNN would not.

Marsfalcon said:

Don't worry Mars, this video will just make Those That Matter laugh, there are plenty others out there they will use against us. Morons are fun people, I'm sure he took that as a compliment.

PhantomFanatic said:
MadMitch88 said:
Some of you need to get off your pretentious high horse and get back to reality. You're not fooling anyone with your snobbish attitude about stuff like this.

You know and I know this is a really cool idea and we'd all like to try it.

What??!! Don't include me in "all". I have zero desire to fire illegal fireworks, in my state, at a human being or anything else.

The last time I was in Wyoming, you could buy fireworks pretty much anywhere, anytime. The same in New Hampshire.

I am really tired of the fear mongers here saying that "we need to do something" about stupid people because it reflects badly on us. It does not. It just reflects badly on stupid people. Just as drag-racing teenagers do not reflect badly on anyone but themselves.

So, tell me, how do these armed drones make you look bad?
http://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-drones-where-uavs-meet-paintball/

This video reflects poorly on the Roman Candle Hobbyists.

:lol: :lol: I'm still laughing, that's funny sh**.

Long sleeves and long pants, made of a nonflammable material would have made it a bit safer though.

I'll drive by the Fireworks stand and get the phone number tomorrow. ;) We do have some of the best.

EDIT: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteveMann said:
The last time I was in Wyoming, you could buy fireworks pretty much anywhere, anytime. The same in New Hampshire.

I am really tired of the fear mongers here saying that "we need to do something" about stupid people because it reflects badly on us. It does not. It just reflects badly on stupid people. Just as drag-racing teenagers do not reflect badly on anyone but themselves.

So, tell me, how do these armed drones make you look bad?
http://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-drones-where-uavs-meet-paintball/

See, I look at it like this. Most all people drive or are completely accepting of the automobile. People love their cars, they customize them, wash them and dress them up. Drag racing kids are a blip on the radar. The same cannot be said about UAV's. UAV's are not accepted by many and many people fear the 'drone'. Negative stories of the evil drone flood the news weekly, sometime daily. Anything negative that can be used as fodder is not good in my book. In my opinion, this type of activity absolutely reflects badly on the hobby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20