Beware DSLRPROS!

So this is the actual product on Dslr website.

It is described as: "DSLRPros 3-Axis Gopro Stabilizer"

In the promo video, they have "DSLRPros" stickers on the 2 motors of this product.

There is zero mention of anything Feyu Tech. Nothing.

So I have two comments:

- White labeling sucks. We all get screwed as customers as retailers obfuscate who is making the product.
- If I am buying a "DSLRPros" product, I would not be happy to get some Feyu Tech random product in the mail.

But DSLRPROS doesn't make ANYTHING. They are simply a dealer, a distributor, and an integrator. So no matter WHAT product you bought, you would have gotten something made by another manufacturer. So I'm not sure that situation ever could've been solved to your satisfaction.

By the way... a little research found this. This is not a "random product"... they appear to be a pretty legit manufacturer.
http://www.feiyu-tech.com/index-en.php

ProfessorStein said:
But DSLRPROS doesn't make ANYTHING. They are simply a dealer, a distributor, and an integrator. So no matter WHAT product you bought, you would have gotten something made by another manufacturer. So I'm not sure that situation ever could've been solved to your satisfaction.

By the way... a little research found this. This is not a "random product"... they appear to be a pretty legit manufacturer.

+1 Professor. I try to avoid blind purchases like this.

It pays to do a little research. When one knows the manufacturer, one is able to shop price and quality (consumer reviews.)

To be honest, DSLRPro's web presence seemed credible to me, but this thread has raised a question in my mind.

ProfessorStein said:

Research or not, he was sold a product that was supposed to carry DSLRPROS labeling, DSLRPROS boxes, and supposedly - DSLRPROS warranty. Even if they are pretending to be behind this product, the probably warranty it as their own.

Instead, he got some random brand, random boxing, from some random company. I think his question is more than fair. Especially in this hobby, there are plenty of outfits that resell some things, alter other things, tune other things, or actually make some of the things they sell.

And unless you get lucky Googling for a product and can look at the pics to figure out it's the same thing, it's often impossible to shop around.

Even now, it is unclear whether DSLRPROS version is just a version with DSLRPROS branding on it, or whether they're adding anything to it. Maybe it has better batteries? Maybe it is tuned better than original Feiyutech? Maybe there are other alterations? Who knows. I think OP's question and concern is more than fair.

So would you be this angry if you bought an Audi A4 and then opened the hood and saw VW stamped all over everything?
In fact it's just a tarted up Passat. It says Audi on it but it's just a VW. It's called rebranding, it happens in all manufacturing.

I'm sure DSLRPROS will be happy to send you some stickers you can put on the motors. Then you'll have exactly what you paid for.

Clipper707 said:
If I were treated by a business as Zachsw described, I wouldn't buy from them again.
Nor would I.
I think his questions were reasonable, and the lack of response was not.

And the constant poking rebuttals he has received here are irritating as well.

Never fails... stupid consumers. It's a fact of life in America.. and I love it... Capitalism protects the consumer... Still can't help spoiled and retarded consumers.

I wouldn't buy most things from DSLRPros because I think they are way over priced. Low Value for me. That's because I can build my own quad and modify my own Phantoms if I wanted.

There are plenty of satisfied customers that bought Phantoms, Phantom packages, Gimbals, Props...etc from them. Plenty of people that are satisfied with the way they were treated. Will some fall through the cracks? absolutely... but also there are way too many unreasonable consumers. Honestly it's pretty obvious that the gimbal he bought was not OEM DSLR Pros. even so... it carries the same policy on returns and defects as any of their products listed. He is well protected. Warranty is from the company as expected. In this case ... no one was done wrong. He might have had to wait... but by his own admission he was OK with that and they communicated to him.

If you compare the pictures...specs etc from their website i'm sure you'll find that the model he got was exactly as advertised sans the DSLRPros logo.

.feiyu-tech is a decent company and most people know them for their gimbals. They were one of the first to mfg a hand held gopro gimbal and i almost got one.

I know your intention was to bash them as bad customer service... but at this point... you missed the mark.

GoodnNuff said:
Clipper707 said:
If I were treated by a business as Zachsw described, I wouldn't buy from them again.
Nor would I.
I think his questions were reasonable, and the lack of response was not.

And the constant poking rebuttals he has received here are irritating as well.

Always 2 sides and you can read into them the way you want. Plain and simple. Neither parties are wrong or right. And I only see one side to it.

His defending his position is annoying... because in the end... He got exactly what he wanted except for... wait for it... a DLSR Pro sticker.

witold said:
ProfessorStein said:

Research or not, he was sold a product that was supposed to carry DSLRPROS labeling, DSLRPROS boxes, and supposedly - DSLRPROS warranty. Even if they are pretending to be behind this product, the probably warranty it as their own.

Instead, he got some random brand, random boxing, from some random company. I think his question is more than fair. Especially in this hobby, there are plenty of outfits that resell some things, alter other things, tune other things, or actually make some of the things they sell.

And unless you get lucky Googling for a product and can look at the pics to figure out it's the same thing, it's often impossible to shop around.

Even now, it is unclear whether DSLRPROS version is just a version with DSLRPROS branding on it, or whether they're adding anything to it. Maybe it has better batteries? Maybe it is tuned better than original Feiyutech? Maybe there are other alterations? Who knows. I think OP's question and concern is more than fair.

SO what... if it isn't what he wanted... i'm sure he could still return it.... even still!

Reading this from their web site, and I quote "DSLRPRos Gopro hand stabilizer" leads me to believe this is something made by DSLRPos........

ProfessorStein said:
I'm sure DSLRPROS will be happy to send you some stickers you can put on the motors. Then you'll have exactly what you paid for.

You speak with a lot of conviction that it is indeed just the stickers and it is exactly the same, just because it looks exactly the same.

What makes you think that they are not adding any value here? There are plenty of ways that they could do some minor things to add some value. (already mentioned.) In fact, if anyone is doing minor mods to add value, it's DSLRPROS. That seems to be their niche. And it is a gimbal, after all. How do you know that they're not tuning it a little or something along those lines? In fact, there are some places that specialize in exactly this. They tune the gimbals and if it doesn't work with your GP, they tell you to send it back.

Maybe it's just the stickers - probably is. But not necessarily so, and most definitely worth asking the retailer to make sure.

d4ddyo said:
Always 2 sides and you can read into them the way you want. Plain and simple. Neither parties are wrong or right. And I only see one side to it.

His defending his position is annoying... because in the end... He got exactly what he wanted except for... wait for it... a DLSR Pro sticker.

@d4ddyo - If you're annoyed about his defending his position, maybe quit attacking his position. You've not only gone on the offensive with nearly all of your posts on this thread, but you've misinterpreted his position all along.

It isn't about the product, it's about the service.

Your sticker remark, not to mention the manner in which you delivered it, indicates to me you still don't get it. You're quick to insult. You make remarks that add no value, then complain about this being a non-productive thread.

Mulberry bush, indeed.

They called back today and apologized for the treatment and offered me a coupon. I'm posting this because I think it's fair to give them credit where it's due. They screwed up and know it and are trying to make it right and I wanted everyone to know they did make an effort to resolve the issue. If you can't see any issue with the level of service I received at first that's fine. I think it's pretty clear who resorts to crude name calling to get his point across and it's unfortunate that some people take an opinion and refuse to abandon it regardless of the facts. It's not just a sticker. It's the fact that I wanted to know if there was any difference in the one advertised and the one i received. I simply asked and was deleted. Thanks.

Zachsw said:
They called back today and apologized for the treatment and offered me a coupon. I'm posting this because I think it's fair to give them credit where it's due. They screwed up and know it and are trying to make it right and I wanted everyone to know they did make an effort to resolve the issue. If you can't see any issue with the level of service I received at first that's fine. I think it's pretty clear who resorts to crude name calling to get his point across and it's unfortunate that some people take an opinion and refuse to abandon it regardless of the facts. It's not just a sticker. It's the fact that I wanted to know if there was any difference in the one advertised and the one i received. I simply asked and was deleted. Thanks.

Good to hear they're making it right. Thanks for posting the outcome.

I've been waiting 3 weeks for an RMA refund on an order placed June 13, 2015 that was never fulfilled. Not happy with DLSRPros sitting on quite a bit of money while I have no product.

DSLR pros is a store, not a manufacturer. They just re-brand where they can and resell.

It is kinda annoying to see shops private label stuff because it confuses the market and you never know what product you get and you can't compare reviews/manufacturers because you can't determine who made what. But that's how they do it. Easier to charge people a lot more money for DSRL Carbon Props because it's impossible to shop around.
DSLR pros is a store, not a manufacturer. They just re-brand where they can and resell.

It is kinda annoying to see shops private label stuff because it confuses the market and you never know what product you get and you can't compare reviews/manufacturers because you can't determine who made what. But that's how they do it. Easier to charge people a lot more money for DSRL Carbon Props because it's impossible to shop around.

I took their advanced multirotor flight course in February and toured their facility. They are a manufacturer. Tayzu Robotics is DSLRPros. They also fabricate parts and customize existing platforms using off the shelf parts and parts that they import or print on their 3D printers. I have bought several units from them and have received bad batteries, a bad balanced charger, bad monitor shades (that I assume they printed in house) and lots of problems with billing. I cancelled my Solo pre-order after they charged my card and could not give me delivery date. They always have excuses. I imagine their main problem was credit holds with their vendors and they have finally succumbed to unsurmountable debt. I have a problem with a warranty issue and I am pursuing it with AMEX since they no longer answer the phone, respond to emails or support tickets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.