Beware DSLRPROS!

I usually leave the word dumb out when I'm trying to actually understand what someone is asking.

Zachsw said:
I usually leave the word dumb out when I'm trying to actually understand what someone is asking.

Ah... OK. I thought it was clear that i was referring to the question. Sorry... you are right. There are no dumb questions...

I may be "dumb" but I get sarcasm. The thing about acting like a fool on the Internet for whatever reason is that it's a bad idea. I think people get in their heads they're invincible online behind a fake name when in reality all it takes is making the wrong person mad. Then boom someone follows your digital trail and knows every detail about you. I'm an extremely nice guy but not everybody is..keep that in mind.

Zachsw said:
I may be "dumb" but I get sarcasm. The thing about acting like a fool on the Internet for whatever reason is that it's a bad idea. I think people get in their heads they're invincible online behind a fake name when in reality all it takes is making the wrong person mad. Then boom someone follows your digital trail and knows every detail about you. I'm an extremely nice guy but not everybody is..keep that in mind.

Don't you ever quit? OK OK... when i receive my stuff from DSLR Pros i'll double check to make sure that it has their name on it. If not... i'll shouldn't ask them any questions on their Facebook page or else i'll be banned from them and it would ruin my life. Thanks for sharing.

I think the point is... it doesn't quite seem like your experience warrants a thread that starts with "beware" and ends with an exclamation point. They were responsive, and in the end you got BOTH of the products that you ordered (the one you originally purchased and returned, and the one you exchanged it for) and DSLRPROS seemed to do right by you and make everything good... even if there were a few challenges.

Facebook is NEVER the appropriate place to ask support questions. If your question was important enough for you to get an answer, you probably should've asked their customer support directly.

My point in posting this was to let other people know that any company that disagrees with someone or something and rather than addressing it they just ignore it is not good business. Sorry if I've offended anyone by trying to let you know. Won't happen again.

Zachsw said:
My point in posting this was to let other people know that any company that disagrees with someone or something and rather than addressing it they just ignore it is not good business. Sorry if I've offended anyone by trying to let you know. Won't happen again.

I agree. That is not good business practice.... reading the Beware DSLRPROS! alludes to the fact that there is something in some way that you were hurt/affected monetarily.... and that we should be careful because we can be affected monetarily the same way when in fact the only thing that was affected or hurt was your feelings.

I'm just waiting for the punch line. How does this actually affect everyone you are trying to reach with this post?

Hurting my feelings isn't that big of deal in itself. Holding my money for a month then shipping a product and refusing to answer a question seems like a bigger deal.. If it's not to you..that's fine.

Zachsw said:
Hurting my feelings isn't that big of deal in itself. Holding my money for a month then shipping a product and refusing to answer a question seems like a bigger deal.. If it's not to you..that's fine.

but the only time you were mad was getting banned from their Facebook page. You were OK all of the way through til you got banned.

Zachsw said:
No no... don't get me wrong. I think people around here are appreciative of hearing stuff like this. I just don't think it warrants dire warnings to stay away from them.

Like I said, Facebook is not an avenue of support. It's a marketing tool. So I would half EXPECT that they would delete support questions from their wall. A lot of businesses do. I don't think it means the company is underhanded or shady. The fact that you were banned from their page does border on crappy treatment, I grant you. But not knowing EXACTLY what you said it your posts, it's hard to judge. It's quite possible that you came off (unintentionally or otherwise) as an a*hole... in which case is not only their prerogative, but their duty to prevent you from doing so on their marketing tool.

If I were treated by a business as Zachsw described, I wouldn't buy from them again.

I mean if I had bought a 5000 kit and had to return it for some reason and I didn't get a response for nearly a month would that have been ok? Is it just because it was only 350 that makes it not a big deal? Then after I got it and I asked a question they just say nah...If I was running the business and had made such a mistake I would have been there for whatever the customer needed for sure after that point. It's not strictly the deleting off of fbook that set me off. It's the fact that after all that and both parties being polite all the way through it comes to that. Just kinda like a final insult. I'm sure you're a great guy and I don't mean to cause trouble. I just hate bad business. Where I'm from if you pull things like that you're not in business long. I guess on the internet you don't have to worry about your rep as much because folks in most parts of the country are used to bad business and rudeness.. I'm not.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj