Beware DSLRPROS!

Reaction score
I really hate to do this because they offer some awesome products and I've heard them spoken highly of by other customers. However, here was my experience with dslrpros. I was looking to purchase an additional P2 and was looking at dslrpros as a potential vendor. While looking at their site, I noticed a smartphone gimbal which I thought would be good to video my children with. I purchased it but upon receiving it realized it would not hold a note 3. I called and asked if I could just exchange it for a hard case for my existing P2. They said sure, and we're very friendly and professional. I sent the gimbal back in and they received it within a week. After waiting three weeks with no news of the pending exchange, I made a call to their office. They apologized and said they were issuing a coupon code for the exchange as we were speaking. Two days after that I still hadn't received a coupon code so I called again and got somewhat stern. They said they were working on it as we were speaking. I still didn't receive it until sent an email explaining I would be posting a review on this forum describing my experience. When I finally received it I purchased a handheld gopro gimbal instead because in the month I had been waiting I had already purchased a case else where. After all this I still wasn't going to post this... mistakes happen. I understand. However when I received my gimbal all the packaging was not labeled dslrpros. In fact, there was nothing to make you think it could be from dslrpros. Even the return address was to an individual's house. All of the packaging including the gimbal itself said feiyu tech. I have no problem with feiyu tech but just wondered if they just rebranded their products or if I have received the wrong gimbal. I emailed and asked. No response. I asked on the original introductory post on Facebook for this product if dslr gimbal was just a re brand or if I had received the wrong product. The post disappeared. I chalked it up to a glitch. I posted it again. It disappeared. I was about to post a third time and I found myself unable to make comments on their Facebook page. I have been blocked for asking a simple question. This is unacceptable and I just wanted everyone to know. The gimbal however is very good. I just wanted to make sure I had the right product.

DSLR pros is a store, not a manufacturer. They just re-brand where they can and resell.

It is kinda annoying to see shops private label stuff because it confuses the market and you never know what product you get and you can't compare reviews/manufacturers because you can't determine who made what. But that's how they do it. Easier to charge people a lot more money for DSRL Carbon Props because it's impossible to shop around.

I don't know what you are upset about. They don't Mfg. their own brand... on anything. They got their reputation because they were one of the first to offer upgraded top of the line ready to fly Phantom packages. Now they are a dime a dozen.

It's how business works... supply and demand... buy cheap... sell for more. Doesn't sound like they did anything wrong except not answer your question... and slow to fix your issue that you created from the start.

You mean you wouldn't be upset when they blocked you from their Facebook page for asking a question?

Reactions: frallan
Zachsw said:
You mean you wouldn't be upset when they blocked you from their Facebook page for asking a question?

I'd like to see how the questions were asked... I don't know what was posted. It's their prerogative to censor their page. I'm sure they felt something you said was not good for business. I'm not saying i would be upset or not... I don't think they would block me if i didn't say anything to harm their business.

I never shopped there anyhow... they are way overpriced.

How did I create the issue by purchasing an item they describe as working with any smartphone and then it didn't work with my smartphone?

Literally all I said was "is this supposed to be a rebranded feiyu gimbal because that's what I just received in the mail?" I just wanted to know if they shipped me an off brand by mistake. I was not aware they just slapped their name on stuff. I have no problem with that at all . I just wanted to know.

OK. So you got what you wanted in the end. Maybe it took a while. You were happy with their responses. Even it is obvious that it is a rebranded product... you asked on their Facebook page because you are not sure... EVEN if it had someone else's brand on it.

And the one thing that upsets you is that on THEIR Facebook page they banned you.

I don't get it.

I run a business and I would never ignore a customer. All I wanted was a yes sir you received the right product we were just in a rush to get them out when we received them so we didn't bother re branding them. We do however rebrand most products to resell and you did in fact receive the correct gimbal. That answer would have sufficed yes. But instead of just saying that they blocked me from even asking it. Any business that can't just answer a simple question about the product they sell has problems.

Zachsw said:
I run a business and I would never ignore a customer. All I wanted was a yes sir you received the right product we were just in a rush to get them out when we received them so we didn't bother re branding them. We do however rebrand most products to resell and you did in fact receive the correct gimbal. That answer would have sufficed yes. But instead of just saying that they blocked me from even asking it. Any business that can't just answer a simple question about the product they sell has problems.

LOL.... So you wanted them to say... ummm... yeah... that's why someone else's name is on it as the Manufacturer. If you bought a Walmart branded camera and it came in the mail and you opened it up and it said sony on it ... you would call Walmart?

And you asked the question on Facebook.... their social media page and they banned you for no reason except you asked the dumb question?

I don't get it.

The product they display on their Web page has dslrpros branding. This one did not. This was not the same product. If you ordered a product that said Sony on it from Walmart and you received it and it said panasonic you would think the same way. Thanks for your input.

If I ordered something from Walmart that clearly said Sony on it and when I got it it said panasonic on it yes I would question it.

Zachsw said:
The product they display on their Web page has dslrpros branding. This one did not. This was not the same product. If you ordered a product that said Sony on it from Walmart and you received it and it said panasonic you would think the same way. Thanks for your input.

OMG... Walmart doesn't manufacturer anything. Sony is a manufacturer. Panasonic is a manufacturer.

No wonder they banned you. Annoying.

I wasn't implying Walmart was a manufacturer. I was implying that I ordered something and got something different and questioned it's authenticity because I wasn't aware that dslrpros didn't have an original product.

Zachsw said:
I wasn't implying Walmart was a manufacturer. I was implying that I ordered something and got something different and questioned it's authenticity because I wasn't aware that dslrpros didn't have an original product.

OK... I get it. You had no idea that DSLR Pros didn't make their own stuff... you got proof that they didn't make their own stuff... so you still aren't sure and ask. and they randomly ban you from their social media page... for asking a dumb question.

Me getting a different product than what i ordered isn't proof. For all I know they sell two different model gimbal and they shipped me the wrong one. Hence my "dumb" facebook question. I think the post being deleted has less to with being dumb and more to do with them wanting the gimbal to appear like their original design.

Must be. It's pretty easy to insult someone over the Internet. I try to not say things I wouldn't say in person.

Zachsw said:
Must be. It's pretty easy to insult someone over the Internet. I try to not say things I wouldn't say in person.

Who's insulting. Maybe you feel insulted. I just said I don't get it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl