Better Yaw control mod (how to video)

Thank You SpikeFinch!
This is an awesome guide!!, still not sure if I need it, but it certainly looks easy to do... Parts are cheap... I will probably order them.
Since you did this so well, how about one for the ch 7 variable tilt control - slider?? I'm still not sure if we can get that to work on a v2+... Anyone know?
Thanks again!
Jeff

JeffB said:
Thank You SpikeFinch!
This is an awesome guide!!, still not sure if I need it, but it certainly looks easy to do... Parts are cheap... I will probably order them.
Since you did this so well, how about one for the ch 7 variable tilt control - slider?? I'm still not sure if we can get that to work on a v2+... Anyone know?
Thanks again!
Jeff

Man!!!!! Your putting me on the spot now.....
I guess I will order the parts for the tilt
Member cougar did it already..
I agree, the tilt sucks as it is.

Anyone state side know if these parts are available at radio shack? Or what the radio shack equivalent part #s would be?

srandall25 said:
Anyone state side know if these parts are available at radio shack? Or what the radio shack equivalent part #s would be?

These parts are not available at radio shack.

sidebox said:
srandall25 said:

They don't stock those in stores. If you're going to order online, you might as well get the parts from mouser and jameco. No?
I actually bought one identical with a center off position at my local radio shack to replace my broken S1 switch. That's why assumed they would have this one too. Online just takes longer is the main reason.

srandall25 said:
Will this one work: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... B1M1QE-EVX
I'm trying to find both parts on the same site. The part number provided for the dpst switch is discontinued on this site. Jameco site doesn't have the pot. Thanks.

That switch looks like it should do the job. I know the feeling... I hate waiting for orders. Luckily, both Jameco and Mouser pretty much ship same day if you get the order in early enough.

If you always want max slow down for panning, couldn't you use two fixed 10K resistors and eliminate the need for the potentiometer? That way all you need to add to the transmitter case is the switch.

Have you guys determined 10k is actually ideal? I guess I might be included to just go with resistors (as mentioned above) but did not know if you were using 75% of the range to get where you wanted or the full 10k.

rrmccabe said:
Have you guys determined 10k is actually ideal? I guess I might be included to just go with resistors (as mentioned above) but did not know if you were using 75% of the range to get where you wanted or the full 10k.

Going to test this today if I can. If I have some resistors laying around..

I find I have it all the way up (10k) and still would like better control.

I might have found a way to add a fixed "slow" pan option. So you can just dial a pot to one position and it would do a constant slow pan in that direction.

SpikeFinch said:
I might have found a way to add a fixed "slow" pan option. So you can just dial a pot to one position and it would do a constant slow pan in that direction.
i.e. set the pot to your desired position... leave it set... then use the switch to engage the pan feature... turn switch off to stop pan feature... no need for manual yaw... that would be sweet!! The reason i think this would be brilliant is it would provide for 'consistent' panning shots... All your pans would always be at the exact speed... and no need to worry about trying to keep steady pressure on the yaw stick while flying... this would be an awesome feature if you could implement this!

I just finished testing a 15k loop and going to test a 20k shortly..

I like the 15k a lot better than the 10k...

SpikeFinch said:
I just finished testing a 15k loop and going to test a 20k shortly..

I like the 15k a lot better than the 10k...

Great work! Please post demo video (in action) whenever you get around to it. I might have to dig back in for a second round of surgery.

The switch you show is a DPDT switch (you called it a "DTST") Ignoring the typo, is there a reason you didn't use a DPST switch? It doesn't appear that you used the second throw. Good video by the way.

I like the idea of just a off-on switch. Yaw control has been my gripe point for a while for video. I added the pot for tilt control which was a huge improvement over stock, but trying to do a slow pan without jerk, variations in speed is impossible. Thought the 3d gimbal might help but rather put the expense toward fpv system. Just need to figure out wiring detail drawing for using resistors and switch. Anyone done that. And sounds like some are still experimenting with resistance values. capg
The demo video showing the improved yaw speed, is that with a P2? and if so what Zenmuse 2D or 3D?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers