Better to take connecting flight through Brazil or US?

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have a question. I'd like to take my Mavic on holiday (assuming it arrives on time!) and can either take connecting flights through the USA (options include Miami, New York JFK, Boston, Charlotte) or Brazil (Rio, Sao Paulo). Now I've heard about drones being confiscated at Brazilian airports but the posts I've seen are either a couple of years old or concerned the Olympics specifically. Is this still an issue at present? And if so, would it be better to travel through the US, or are there some potential issues there that I should be aware of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Toric

Hate to reply to my own thread, but surely someone must know whether I'm likely to encounter problems at a US airport? I should also mention that I'd like to take a number of spare batteries (maybe 3-4), which will be individually packed in resealable plastic bags in a Turnigy LiPo bag (is there a better way of doing this?). Thanks in advance!

You won't have any problems with a drone at US airports. You'll just have to have your batteries packed separately in a carry-on (can't put them in checked baggage). Discharge them to 50% or less, cover the terminals with some electrical tape, and pack them as you describe. No clue about Brazil's drone rules, but my experience with Brazil is that there are very few problems with customs there that a few buck won't solve for you. Don't try that at a US airport, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31