Better Antenna's...

Reaction score
Just curious Guys, i'm net getting into the whole FPV setup. I've bee flying Phantom now for some time and decided to upgrade to Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D. My set up i'm going with is the ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mw Audio / Video Transmitter & Black Pearl 5.8Ghz Diversity monitor. I want to upgrade the antennasand I'm going with the ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz SpiroNET Antenna Set which comes in a pair. My question is do I only need one pair which be mounted to the Monitor, or do I but 3 antennas and change out on monitor and transmitter antennas??

You will need 3 in total , but the two on the pearl need to be different

So you have a spiro on the phantom and Pearl. this will give you around 900m / 1000M

You then have a directional Ariel on the pearl and place the pearl in diversity mode where it will swap between ariels on it

I use 2 Nimrods and a Blackhawk which is giving me over 3000m

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... ack-pearl/

Simon

Finally got my FPV Kit all set up with a Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter, Black Pearl 5.8Ghz 7" Diversity Monitor with Integrated Battery (RC801), H3-3D Gimbal, and a Hero 3. Everything works fine but I can't get far before the images starts breaking up on the monitor. I'm using the basic antennas that came with the kit and definitely know they have to be upgraded. I've been doing research and there are a lot of antennas out there. I see some "left hand" and some "right hand", which I don't know the difference. I know I need Male SMA type of antenna. Can I get away with swapping out the antenna on the Phantom 2 and 1 of the antennas on the Black Pearl, or do I need to change all three for better results??? If so, what are your recommendations for antennas???

Hjones62 said:
Finally got my FPV Kit all set up with a Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter, Black Pearl 5.8Ghz 7" Diversity Monitor with Integrated Battery (RC801), H3-3D Gimbal, and a Hero 3. Everything works fine but I can't get far before the images starts breaking up on the monitor. I'm using the basic antennas that came with the kit and definitely know they have to be upgraded.

I'm using the same FPV setup, except I did upgrade from the start with the antenna (SMA) bundle from Tony at FPVLR http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=70_74&product_id=97 and i'm very happy with my antenna choice. This ??? seems to be a huge topic for discussion in the forum and with so many choices to select from. There appears to be so much dissatisfaction with the basic original supplied antennas that most end upgrading. As for left and right hand antennas, maybe someone with more experienced can offer an explanation.
Good luck

Alec said:
Hjones62 said:
Finally got my FPV Kit all set up with a Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter, Black Pearl 5.8Ghz 7" Diversity Monitor with Integrated Battery (RC801), H3-3D Gimbal, and a Hero 3. Everything works fine but I can't get far before the images starts breaking up on the monitor. I'm using the basic antennas that came with the kit and definitely know they have to be upgraded.

I'm using the same FPV setup, except I did upgrade from the start with the antenna (SMA) bundle from Tony at FPVLR http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=70_74&product_id=97 and i'm very happy with my antenna choice. This ??? seems to be a huge topic for discussion in the forum and with so many choices to select from. There appears to be so much dissatisfaction with the basic original supplied antennas that most end upgrading. As for left and right hand antennas, maybe someone with more experienced can offer an explanation.
Good luck

I am using a similar set up (different brand) and it works fantastic. I have a rock solid video feed to at least 1000m (with line of sight)

want to throw my support behind the FPVLR antennas. I have them and they're awesome, crazy good range.

HJones, trying to help you learn here :)
take a look at this stickythread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22736 your transmitter is listed on it.
what style connector does it say your transmitter has?
Hopefully now in the antenna link mentioned above, you know which option to choose?
The option is only for the transmit antenna - I would still contact Tony at FPVLR (sales at ...) with your order number, confirm which receiver you have and he'll make sure you get the right antenna connectors. I would recommend you get straight (no 90-degree) connectors on both receiver antennas

I originally went with spironet pair and a cheap patch. I have went to FPVLR set including a 4.5 helical. FPVLR blows spironet out of the water with clarity and range.

Regardless of what you go to, make dang sure you get the correct terminated connector. Many have placed two males together not realizing there is no real contact, thus very short range.

Can't thank you Guys enough for all the clarity and help selecting the right antennas!!

If you want to learn the hard way I'll sell you mine for what I paid ;)

They are all RP-SMA Male. Plus I have (2) 90 degree elbows to change to SMA Male and (1) 90 degree elbow that retains RP-SMA Male.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411614199851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411614199851.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 436
  • uploadfromtaptalk1411614216939.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411614216939.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 421
I have the 7 channel black pearl with immersion RC 600mw. I got two bluebeam ultra SMA antennas and an ibcrazy 5 turn helical. I've been out 1010 meters or just over 1/2 mile with good FPV. At that distance the video quality started to get grainy however I didn't have a blackouts or anything. I know others have gotten much further distance that's just as far as I've tried so far.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl