Better 1080p that 1080i ?

Reaction score
I récord video in 1080p and work fine in Adobe Premier 5.5 after récord in 1080i buenos the video show littles lines in all vídeo, WhatsApp wrong?

If you are going to show the video on a computer or via the internet you want to shoot 1080p. You will see lines if you shoot 1080i and play it on the computer.

Fast side motion objects are not good with 1080i.
Or side motion with a camera.
1080i stands for interlaced. Basically every other line is drawn on one frame and then the other half is drawn on the next frame. So if things are moving from one side to the other you can actually see this. This saves a lot on bandwidth and cuts down dramatically on Information being saved. Makes it faster but not prettier. Looks fine straight ahead with slow or little movement.

1080P stands for progressive. Each frame is totally drawn at once. This is better.

Take your fingers and slide them all in between each other. That would be two frames. Things start moving fast in video, now start sliding your fingers apart. This is the lines you see. Interlased

juarboleda said:
...but for what is 1080i 60fps ? in 1080p no option 60 fps

If you acquire in 1080 60i you can post-process your footage into slo-mo as in 30FPS or 24FPS. 1080 60p requires a sensor that supports it and more powerful image processing and memory. Doubtful our PV sensor & electronics supports this.

iDrone

agree about p2v camera processor
in fact seem that if you save at 1080p25 you get higher bitrate than 1080p30
that's very strange ...

1080i is actually what a majority of TV networks broadcast in, (that ore 720 60fps), but that's not to say that they material doesn't original as a different format.

1080i is tricky to work with in post. but on a good note, the files are half the size of 60p video, but still contain the temporal motion of 60fps. (geek talk)
but if you have video apps like After Effects or Premiere, you can use them to convert 1080i to ok looking 720p (60fps).

But unless you specifically want to slow down your Vision video, you're probably best just sticking with 1080 at 30fps (if it can do it)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl