Beta Firmware 3.05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If any beta testers have beta firmware 3.05 saved that could be shared I live in NY with high declination. I would like to try the firmware and record the results,I have heard it has successfully solved the declination problem.

dano7602 said:
If any beta testers have beta firmware 3.05 saved that could be shared I live in NY with high declination. I would like to try the firmware and record the results,I have heard it has successfully solved the declination problem.

Danno,

There are several of us that are Beta testers and my feeling is that the final release will be available soon.
There will probably be some tweaking before release as more info is received.
As it is "BETA" I think that DJI wants to be fairly sure it is working properly and not going to do a "Walkabout" at some point in a flight before release.

Tom

Tom is correct. I've been getting a steady flow of requests for access to 3.05. The beta is limited to the test group for the time being. But rest assured, it feels like we're close to everyone getting the final release of the firmware.

Hope they would include more options to configure in the assist so we can tune descent rate and max tilt. The recent firmware updates have really restricted our flight envelopes

Re: Beta Firmware 3.05 (RANT)

I agree with dano7602 the Firmware 3.05 should be released to us all ! We all spent the money some more than others and we deserve to get the 3.05 firmware beta or not. It's not fair that the beta testers can fly their phantoms straight while the other consumers can't. DJI can release the firmware and do the patches as needed while the fix is out. DJI has done it in the past and no reason now not to release a firmware that fixes our issues with the phantoms. It's friggin going on 3 plus months.

Again I wish someone would leak the beta 3.05 firmware for people that want it.

no offense, but I think people demanding access to BETA, unofficial, unfinished firmware are crazy. That's the whole point of beta tests is the content is unverified and may well cause problems or loss of device. beta testers accept responsibility (or have an agreement with the manufacturer) if the firmware they're testing bricks their device, is that really a risk you want to take? loss of your device just because you were impatient? beta testers are accepting a vastly elevated risk to their device

What you actually want is final release firmware, not beta.

so by all means, complain about how long it's taking or demand they finish it up 3.05 and make it official... but don't complain that beta testers won't leak unofficial firmware that's just illogical and contrary to how the whole concept of "adequate testing" works... not to mention it's probably against their agreement to share unreleased firmware.

Don't get your panties in a bunch Francis. BETA testing is for a minimum amount of people. Demanding things in life won't get you anywhere.

"A test for a computer product prior to commercial release. Beta testing is the last stage of testing, and normally can involve sending the product to beta test sites outside the company for real-world exposure or offering the product for a free trial download over the Internet. Beta testing is often preceded by a round of testing called alpha testing."

My concern is with safety I have almost hit a tree on multiple occasions due to the drifting, what if my phantom drifts into a church and then falls on to group of nuns am I to blame or is DJI for making faulting software. I understand the reasoning for not allowing all affected users to use the beta firmware but I would definitely be willing to take that risk and void the warranty for using the firmware if that's what it takes, it has to be better then flying with a severe drifts every time right?

DJI has released firmware in the past , going by DJI track record all the firmwares been released and had tweaks done to them after the release. 3 months and counting.

Any word on a new release for the Phantom 1? I have a P1.1.1 with firmware 4.02 and it has the same symptoms. J-hooking and off-course flying that self corrects for the last 3 minutes of a 10 minute flight.

No one is leaking anything. The beta is just that. We don't have a complete solution yet so best to sit tight and wait until DJI and the beta group complete the tests that need to be done.

Mods: Since this thread is all about something that isn't going to happen, I suggest it be locked.

Re: Beta Firmware 3.05 (RANT)

Lenny7118 said:
I agree with dano7602 the Firmware 3.05 should be released to us all ! We all spent the money some more than others and we deserve to get the 3.05 firmware beta or not. It's not fair that the beta testers can fly their phantoms straight while the other consumers can't. DJI can release the firmware and do the patches as needed while the fix is out. DJI has done it in the past and no reason now not to release a firmware that fixes our issues with the phantoms. It's friggin going on 3 plus months.

Again I wish someone would leak the beta 3.05 firmware for people that want it.

No, you do not want it.

It is beta for a reason and it may very well have bugs that will crash your p2. It may fix a problem but are you going to be ok if another bug destroys your quad? Those beta testers are taking a big risk on our behalf and are probably legally bound to not leak anything. We should just wait a bit for this to be fully fixed and tested, hopefully with an assist that allows more configuration of flight envelopes (descend rate and max tilt...)

If you really need to fly straighter now, try rotating you'd compass to compensate.

It makes me laugh when I see people demanding BETA. I could just predict there next post.....

"The BETA firmware made me crash my Phantom, do you think DJI will give me a replacement?"

Sorry, you're saying someone else is responsible for how and when and where you fly? How does that work exactly? I'd love to know because I'd love to not be responsible for my actions - I've been carrying Skittles for that purpose up till now.

Also, what is so special about a church or nuns?

dano7602 said:
My concern is with safety I have almost hit a tree on multiple occasions due to the drifting, what if my phantom drifts into a church and then falls on to group of nuns am I to blame or is DJI for making faulting software. I understand the reasoning for not allowing all affected users to use the beta firmware but I would definitely be willing to take that risk and void the warranty for using the firmware if that's what it takes, it has to be better then flying with a severe drifts every time right?

Fdnyfish said:
It makes me laugh when I see people demanding BETA. I could just predict there next post.....

"The BETA firmware made me crash my Phantom, do you think DJI will give me a replacement?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dano7602 said:

You better sell your Phantom before you crash :lol: . If you almost hit trees on multiple occasions shows your not much of a pilot :roll: . You also might want to do a compass calibration

Who ever leaked there's even a beta should be banned. If no one knows, no one cares.

That's not true, I now know, and still don't care.

Cr8tive_leo said:
Who ever leaked there's even a beta should be banned. If no one knows, no one cares.

That's not true, I now know, and still don't care.

The existence of 3.05 was not leaked - DJI recruited the beta testers via this forum. The entire process was publicized from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan