Bestem "PhantomKnob" - Mini Review

Reaction score
I bought these because I thought they were clever. I didn't really have any functional expectations for them - I just thought they looked cool.

I received them over the weekend, slipped them on, and flew through 3 batteries yesterday. They slip on and off with ease, but they're secure enough that they won't just come off undesirably. I found that my yaw control was ever so slightly smoother. Steadier. I think this is because the PhantomKnobs raised the sticks by a few millimeters. It doesn't sound like much, but it was enough for me to gain some greater control. I wouldn't say it's a night and day difference, but the improvement is welcome.

Not that I couldn't tolerate the naked sticks, but these rubberized grips do add a degree of comfort. I appreciate the slight concavity of these (unlike how some gaming controllers that are convex, which I do not prefer).

Now I'm not saying I couldn't live without these, but for the small price of $10 I get improved comfort, marginally better yaw control, and (IMO) nice looking sticks.

1hqICsB.jpg

KuLujws.jpg

NaQYY2A.jpg

Reactions: Brian089
Received mine the other day and really hadn't had a chance to use them but I do like them !
Really liked the free shipping to me :D

Thanks for the review! There is nothing more satisfying to hear from our customers that they like our products and service. We'll soon release the "PhantomGrip", another tool to give pilots more comfort while flying the bird.

Have had a chance to use them know gogo and are nice !! Looking forward to what your coming up with now and thanks for being a sponsor here !!

gogowanda said:
Thanks for the review! There is nothing more satisfying to hear from our customers that they like our products and service. We'll soon release the "PhantomGrip", another tool to give pilots more comfort while flying the bird.

Hi there, do you ship internationally?

PhantomFanatic said:
landmannnn said:
http://aerial.bestemusa.com/

Thank you!
PF if ya look at the bottom of the main page and in here Sponsor Forum you will see all our Sponsor's .
I do try and get my stuff from those if I can as they do help keep us going . Sometimes they just don't have what I need so then I go shopping :D

I bought two sets of these, really like them and today I found an added benefit; I flew in 6 degree weather, tried wearing gloves and with these knobs found it quite easy to operate the controls. Well worth the cost and they look good to boot.

Sold! Just ordered a set of 'The Ace' knobs :)

dirkclod said:
PhantomFanatic said:
landmannnn said:
http://aerial.bestemusa.com/

Thank you!
PF if ya look at the bottom of the main page and in here Sponsor Forum you will see all our Sponsor's .
I do try and get my stuff from those if I can as they do help keep us going . Sometimes they just don't have what I need so then I go shopping :D

Good to know, thanks! :). :)

Ok,you talked me into it...just ordered a set :mrgreen:
Just received a conformation email, unlike Goodluckbuy , still waiting for my S Osd.

landmannnn said:
gogowanda said:

Hi there, do you ship internationally?

yes sir, we ship 20~30 packages on a daily basis to Europe. Our carbon fiber parts are popular over there you know ;)

so these phantom parts can take the route all over the world. as a matter fact, we'll soon stock them in our warehouse in Sydney, Australia.

dirkclod said:
A little peek at the new grip ya making ;)

sh...we're planning on mars invasion with these grips. so keep it secret 'til drones' martian take-over.

We developed the PhantomGrips just like we did with some of our motorcycle parts - play it, feel it, think of it, then clay model, human touch, rounds of refinement, 3D scanning, 3D modeling...it's now in our mold maker's hands and hopefully it'll be in your hands soon. It will enable any pilots to hold the remote controller comfortably while keep both thumb and index on the sticks. The grips are interchangeable and will be offered in varies sizes and colors, which means you'll have to get a pair of grips for every pilot in your house. :lol:

3D model

2-finger operation

thumb only

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20