BestBuy

Reaction score
I've finally Craigslisted and eBayed enoungh stuff to invest in my next Phantom. After a year and a half with my P2 and putting it in the lake a few weeks back, I have settled on the P3A. I am considering buying from BestBuy. Reason being that I have $150 in rewards there, 10% off, price match and (MOST IMPORTANTLY) like the idea of an accidental replacement/repair warranty. Has anyone had a good or bad experience with BestBuy? I am bit nervous as they fairly recently started carrying DJI.

Reactions: Rodger and 30secs
I bought mine off Craigslist. Go with the pro and get the extra battery! I seen the P3A for $999 with a case on I think Amazon or eBay. Not sure what best buy has them for.

I concur on upping the ante, ~ Phantom 3 Pro is a deluxe bird. Getting you the better camera and you'll be more future proof. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I looked at their web site and they don't have it listed or any accessories either. Best Buy has been good to me in the past but they have really downsized in my area now and all over California. So last time I went to Fry's for a new lap top and they also have the drones. Yes the advanced is cheaper but the Pro is worth the extra like stated above. Best Buy, Craigslist, even Cabelas sells them now but with no accessories, and that tells me that they are not dedicated DJI stores. Plus they are ordered at Best Buy and not in stock, so where does that leave you when you know they won't have a replacement right there? Obviously I'm not answering your question, but I added some more food for thought?

I can think of several local stores that have a Phantom 3 and some accessories, (as they trickle-in) on their drone shelf:
Great Hobbies, Staples, Memory Express, McBain Camera, Vistek Photo. As mentioned Best Buy online.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Reed L
Just got my P3A from Amazon. Fast free shipping with Prime. No hassle returns if needed. Great customer service also. B&H Photo is also a good place to get one.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
P3A in my opinion and I have the P3P as well. Most casual drone flyers like me won't ever use 4K. I did initially and the file sizes were too big and playback was crappy on my old computer. It plays fine on my MacBook Pro though. I don't have a 4K TV and as far as I know YouTube doesn't go that high either. Save your $260 and buy almost 2 extra batteries instead.

I like the Phantom 3 Pro 100w charger as well. A little faster than the Advanced 56w unit.
When you have multiple batteries. . .

RedHotPoker

I've finally Craigslisted and eBayed enoungh stuff to invest in my next Phantom. After a year and a half with my P2 and putting it in the lake a few weeks back, I have settled on the P3A. I am considering buying from BestBuy. Reason being that I have $150 in rewards there, 10% off, price match and (MOST IMPORTANTLY) like the idea of an accidental replacement/repair warranty. Has anyone had a good or bad experience with BestBuy? I am bit nervous as they fairly recently started carrying DJI.
I'm about to buy one from betbuy because of rewards. The protection plan seems interesting but what exact does it cover in regards to drones? Says its accidental protection.

I'm not sure what it covers. I talked with one of the employees and he was pretty sure one would be covered in an accidental crash. I'm in agreement with the Reed L that it does kind of stink they aren't currently stocked in stores but an order or repair has to be WAY more responsive than DJI direct.

I got mine last week from Jessops, p3a. £899.00. Collect in store.absolutely love it.

If they provide a protection plan on drones that covers accidents, I don't see how you could go wrong.

That's like saying that a Charger with a 6 cylinder is the same car as an SRT model. Simply because its the same body. Der!

Lol not exactly. It's the car with the same engine and transmission. The only difference is the headlights ;)

Before I purchased a P3P from a local dealer, I had a Parrot Bebop drone from BestBuy with the 2 year protection plan. I had to return it three times due to crash damage and they never gave me a hard time about the exchanges. This was a perfect situation for me on the last exchange enabling me to sell a brand new in the box bebop rather than a used one. I used the money from the sale to upgrade to the P3P.

I hate Best Buy!! But they have a few programs that are real winners! The protection plan on SOME products can not be beat! On others they are a total waste of money. And the rewards program, IF you spend a lot of money, can not be beat!! I bought a new entertainment system with Best Buy purchases... Totaled about $9500. Ended up with over $600 in rewards money. Spend enough and get Premier Rewards status, giving you 45 days on returns and price matches. In that 45 days the prices dropped on almost everything. TV dropped $1100! So I got all that money back. In the end, that $9500 purchase cost me about $7800.

Moral to the story... sign up for the rewards card!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20