Best zoom camera for soccer game from a good distance?

What is the best zoom camera for filming a soccer game from a long distance so i don't disturb game?

• x5 gimball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • zenmuse z3

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • zenmuse x3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I want to know which camera would be the best to film my daughter's soccer games. It must be compatible with dji phantom 4. I'd like to film the games from a good distance away so that i don't disrupt the game. Any ideas?

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there is some confusion here. Those cameras are options for the DJI Inspire line of aircraft. Also the camera unit on the P4 is not upgradeable. It can be replaced (in the case of a damage situation) but only with another one identical to the factory unit.

Thank you for letting me know this as I've been trying to research the best drone for filming my daughter's soccer games and when i came across the dji phantom 4 it had so many cool features i immediately wanted it. May not be the best drone for what I'm looking for, any suggestions?

Phantom 4 for $1200 has a lossless 2x digital zoom when using an iPad and recording video in 1080 mode. Otherwise you'll have to spend about $3000 for an Inspire with the Z3 camera, a 3.5x optical zoom, which also gives you 7x in 1080 mode.

I don't recommend an Inspire as your first drone, it's a big machine, not as versatile as a Phantom.

Phantom 4 for $1200 has a lossless 2x digital zoom when using an iPad and recording video in 1080 mode. Otherwise you'll have to spend about $3000 for an Inspire with the 3.5x optical zoom, which also gives you 7x in 1080 mode.

A nice video camcorder will be a lot cheaper. And a lot safer. ;)

Reactions: John Locke
Honestly,,you will be a lot happier with a zoom DSLR. I have a Sony A6000 with a Sony 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Compact Super Telephoto Zoom Lens that works great for everything from getting face shots at long distance to being able to see the whole playing field from the stands. I use a tripod. There are better set ups but the A6000 is a good camera that shoots great video.

Cameras | Best Digital Cameras | Sony US

Sony α6000 E-mount camera with APS-C Sensor

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Actually, if it was me I'd buy the new Osmo+ with Z3 zoom camera with gimbal, $699. You'd likely be happy with that setup for soccer videos, no tripod required. You can run around with the camera and the video will be way more steady than a DSLR, and cheaper. Plus it's got 7X zoom in 1080 mode.

Alternatively, even cheaper, buy the Osmo mobile $299, and use your cellphone to record video. The gimbal holds your phone steady like no other. However you wouldn't have the same zoom capability.

Last edited:
Actually, if it was me I'd buy the new Osmo+ with Z3 zoom camera with gimbal, $699. You'd likely be happy with that setup for soccer videos, no tripod required. You can run around with the camera and the video will be way more steady than a DSLR, and cheaper. Plus it's got 7X zoom in 1080 mode.

Alternatively, even cheaper, buy the Osmo mobile $299, and use your cellphone to record video. The gimbal holds your phone steady like no other. However you wouldn't have the same zoom capability.

LOVE my Osmo. Wish I had the new Z3-like camera on mine. I hope they offer that as an option but I refuse to buy it all over again just to get one. They should make the phone gimbal available separately also, OMO.

Honestly,,you will be a lot happier with a zoom DSLR. I have a Sony A6000 with a Sony 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Compact Super Telephoto Zoom Lens that works great for everything from getting face shots at long distance to being able to see the whole playing field from the stands. I use a tripod. There are better set ups but the A6000 is a good camera that shoots great video.

Cameras | Best Digital Cameras | Sony US

Sony α6000 E-mount camera with APS-C Sensor

Love my a6000 and my a6300. And with being able to hack it now to break the time limit on videos, it certainly makes sense. I was just trying to save the guy some money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20