Best Ways to Clean Your Drone?

Reaction score
Hey team so today during my www.facebook.com/JTCfilms live video I crashed my drone TWICE and fell in the sand and it got SO DIRTY... sand everywhere!!! Just like when you go to the beach and somehow you manage to get sand everywhere no matter how well you hosed off! Haha but anyways...

The Cleaning: I started with some paper towel to wipe the top of the body as there were green leaf marks everywhere from hitting trees :eek: I also wiped up some other areas and folded the paper towel to fit in tight spaces. However this wasn't quite getting everything.... as I was looking for computer air duster to spray the tight areas, I found this brush...
87089414b1332df77c133393b84a62f9.jpg

The brush ended up doing a great job reaching tight spaces and just clearing a lot of sand out! I also had sand on my lens so I didn't want to scratch it cleaning with a cloth so I blew on it (got some moisture on it which probably didn't help... wish I had the air duster) then went over it with the brush and it worked well - then once all the sand was off, I used a glasses cleaning cloth and didn't scratch the camera lens or anything! Sweet.

Anyways, between the paper towel and brush, I was still able to get my drone pretty clean BUT...

Any recommendations from the community on best practices for cleaning your drone? Whether it's a basic clean OR a deep clean from wrecking it in the sand :) Talk to you in the comments!

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

Reactions: El Diablo
I use in order: can of air duster, soft artist paintbrush, baby wipes and then a clean (sometimes damp) micro fiber cloth. I often fly near sand. But also found that at times the pine tree dust can be thick.
I always have a bottle or two of drinking water in my car and sometimes distilled water. If my P3A ever gets real mucky I wouldn't hesitate to rinse it with distilled water (remove battery first!).

A co-worker passed a link that the DJI Care Refresh DJI Care Refresh - supported aircraft, scenarios, service process, FAQ and terms of service now covers water damage (item 10 in the FAQ). While I don't think hosing your Phantom down is a good idea, a little water doesn't seem to worry DJI.

Reactions: JTC Films
I use in order: can of air duster, soft artist paintbrush, baby wipes and then a clean (sometimes damp) micro fiber cloth. I often fly near sand. But also found that at times the pine tree dust can be thick.
I always have a bottle or two of drinking water in my car and sometimes distilled water. If my P3A ever gets real mucky I wouldn't hesitate to rinse it with distilled water (remove battery first!).

A co-worker passed a link that the DJI Care Refresh DJI Care Refresh - supported aircraft, scenarios, service process, FAQ and terms of service now covers water damage (item 10 in the FAQ). While I don't think hosing your Phantom down is a good idea, a little water doesn't seem to worry DJI.

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing your process! Didn't even think of baby wipes! And yes haha putting a little water on it is still a little scary lol but as long as we aren't dowsing it!!!

Great share and will definitely use some of these methods :)

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing your process! Didn't even think of baby wipes! And yes haha putting a little water on it is still a little scary lol but as long as we aren't dowsing it!!!

Great share and will definitely use some of these methods :)

I use electronic wipes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4