Best Way to Use DJI GO to Aim TX with Directional Antenna at P3P

Wow! That's disconcerting! I wonder if a new compass calibration would correct that. Maybe the IMU is off, too. Theoretically, compass and IMU calibrations should align everything accurately, unless I am missing something else.:confused:

No it's the iPad that's not accurate, not the bird.

I am talking about using the "radar" on the Go app to point the remote at the P3. It uses the orientation of the tablet/phone to see which way the remote is facing,

Low battery RTH is set to flight controller, regardless which app do you use. You may use DJI GO to configure it, while FPV Camera doesn't have the UI to do so. You may abort the mission by flipping to P-mode on RC, and you can keep flying manually within Mission Planner or Camera instead of switching to DJI GO. If RC signal lost during mission, the mission will continue as planned.
Thank you for all of that. Sounds really good! I have purchased the app and will be exploring its use! One final clarification: when might it be neccessary to recycle the aircraft to restore ability to connect to it? I certainly don't want to have that need when it is 5 miles away and in the air! :eek:

No it's the iPad that's not accurate, not the bird.

I am talking about using the "radar" on the Go app to point the remote at the P3. It uses the orientation of the tablet/phone to see which way the remote is facing,
I understood your original post, but am now revising my recommendation. Use the native iOS "Compass" app to recalibrate your iPad compass, which requires rolling the ball around in the circle a few times. That should fix your problem, if everything else is copesetic.

Thank you for all of that. Sounds really good! I have purchased the app and will be exploring its use! One final clarification: when might it be neccessary to recycle the aircraft to restore ability to connect to it? I certainly don't want to have that need when it is 5 miles away and in the air! :eek:
Unsure where you are referring to this Requirements.
------------------------------
When you switch from DJI GO to FPV Camera, DJI GO might close connection when you exit Camera View back to DJI GO main page. It might cause FPV Camera disconnecting to aircraft. There are a few ways to workaround this issue.
(1) Do NOT open DJI app if unnecessary to change specific settings or perform calibrations.
(2) Power cycle the aircraft after exiting DJI GO Camera View.
(3) Leave DJI GO in Camera View and shutdown DJI GO prior switching over to FPV Camera.
------------------------------

Please feel free to ask if any questions.

I understood your original post, but am now revising my recommendation. Use the native iOS "Compass" app to recalibrate your iPad compass, which requires rolling the ball around in the circle a few times. That should fix your problem, if everything else is copesetic.

Tried that a few times, like I say it's consistent so I can use it to ensure I point accurately. It's just I need to point the red triangle between about 10 and 11 o'clock, rather than straight up at the 12 o'clock position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.