Best way to learn and practice?

Red

Reaction score
Just got a new P3, is there a practice program and how do I know if the firmware needs updating?

it will tell you can practice on flight simulator on app

I have a Standard, but I believe the Go app will let you know if there's a firmware update...at least that's how it works on mine.
As far as practicing goes, find a good open area, (and assuming that you are familiar with the pre-flight stuff) and lift off in GPS mode. Take it up to 5 or 6 feet and let it hover and warm up for a minute.
Then get the nerve to go up to 10', and get used to small movements, left, right, forward, & backwards.
Take your time, and just get familiar.
While in GPS mode, if you feel like you're going in a direction (like toward an obstacle ) just let go of the sticks....it should stop quickly. I've made the mistake of trying to avoid the obstacle, and gotten myself disoriented and gone towards the obstacle!
Learn to let go of the sticks! !!
Warning though. When flying in ATTI mode (non-gps) letting go of the sticks does not have the same "breaking" effect. It will continue to slide in the direction that it was moving.
Take it slow, and you will become more confident with time.
Welcome to the forums, and...
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Start simple and move to more adventurous missions when you get bored. Include some ATTI mode flight so you get familliar with actually controlling your movements without GPS helping, this will pay off if you unexpectedly loose GPS in flight. Fly where you have planty of space, avoid wind and try and make sure you dont have an audience. Learn to understand how the on screen compass and map functions work. Make sure your failsafe and RTH settings are appropriate. Relax and have fun, stay within your comfort zone and you will be fine.

The DJI GO sim works but the AC gets hot, there is no substitute for real flying.

Here's a good set of exercises that helped me when I first learned...plenty more like this on YouTube.

Reactions: Dan Seguin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj