Best way to increase flight time?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got my phantom, and im having a blast.

I was just wondering if we could make a list of all the things to increase flight time.
I've read about getting the PV props, but what about battery upgrade?
Preferably without spending tons of cash.

Cheers

Owen

Some that I know of..

- Use PV propeller (+1 minute)
- Use bigger battery (2700mah mad dog is probably the biggest one you can use without any mods) or double up (has some pros and cons, including getting more sluggish control).
- Fly better: plan your route, notice wind directions and take advantage of them, use gentle movements and make use of momentums, etc
- Upgrade motors (?) i'm not 100% sure of this since i've not seen an apple:apple comparison in a controlled test. Cost too much vs potential benefit.

I'll throw in here since I have one Phantom with the stock motors, and a second with upgraded T motors. T T motors are somewhat quicker...noticeable, but not a huge difference. They may be a viable improvement with a gimbal, since I am running a zenmuse on that one as well.

My experience has been no noticeable improvement in battery life. They are more efficient since they put out increased power for the same battery life. they aren't worth the $30-$50/motor price though. If I hadn't bought this Phantom with them already mounted, I wouldn't have put them on.

A bigger battery in mAh since is the only thing that's going to get you longer flight time at this point. You can go with a Mad Dog 2700mAh or other 2700mAh batterys They are out there you just have to look around or make one yourself from smaller ones that will fit your Phantom, Not sure if I noticed any more flight time with the PV props I got but then again I never tested them with the carbon fiber ones so can't say either way on the props but won't hurt to throw them on to!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj