Best Way to get Videos off SD card for TV ?

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im thinking about getting a P3P. I was wondering if I want to play back the videos on my TV what would be the best way to do this? I dont have a 4K TV yet, so 1080 playback is fine! Could I download the videos to my Ipad and play it back via my APPLE TV via AirPlay or is there a better way to do this? Thanks!

I just put the Micro SD card into a USB adapter and plug it into the TV. Of course this is only an option if your TV has this feature.

Hey Guys, Im thinking about getting a P3P. I was wondering if I want to play back the videos on my TV what would be the best way to do this? I dont have a 4K TV yet, so 1080 playback is fine! Could I download the videos to my Ipad and play it back via my APPLE TV via AirPlay or is there a better way to do this? Thanks!

Get a Micro SD to Full Size SD Adapter.. OR Micro USB to USB adapter. Choose whatever your device supports, or get both, they're cheap. I personally use a MicroSD to SD adapter and plug it in my BlueRay Player for watching it on my TV, or into my computers card reader for PC transfer.

I thought to do that, My TV is a few years old, and It does have a USB input but when I put the USB Card Reader to the USB port of the TV nothing comes out of it.. Maybe the TV is too old to playback from USB? Ill check the owners manual now to see if Im doing anything wrong.. Thanks! If this doesnt work can I get the Videos off the card to my IPAD ?

Get a Micro SD to Full Size SD Adapter.. OR Micro USB to USB adapter. Choose whatever your device supports, or get both, they're cheap. I personally use a MicroSD to SD adapter and plug it in my BlueRay Player for watching it on my TV, or into my computers card reader for PC transfer.

My TV has a USB slot, but it doesnt show up when I pop it into the USB port, I just called samsung and it doesnt support MP4 .. its a few years old...

My TV has a USB slot, but it doesnt show up when I pop it into the USB port, I just called samsung and it doesnt support MP4 .. its a few years old...

You may need to change input selections to the USB.. That or it may simply not use USB support for media cards.. I'd get a BlueRay or DVD Player. You can get one pretty cheap and it will support the media formats you need, on any TV you choose to use it on.

You may need to change input selections to the USB.. That or it may simply not use USB support for media cards.. I'd get a BlueRay or DVD Player. You can get one pretty cheap and it will support the media formats you need, on any TV you choose to use it on.

How do you connect the Micro SD to a blue ray player?

How do you connect the Micro SD to a blue ray player?

A good Blueray or DVD player has USB and SD Card slots. Price range for something suitable will be between $50 and $100 depending on additional features. You will still need an adapter for the MicroSD to go to full size.

Just left Best Buy and they only had one 4K /blu Ray player with an SD card slot for $200. Anyone know of a mode number for about $100.

You can download the videos and pictures from the micro sd card to an iPad through the director app with the bird and controller on; however, it takes quite awhile.

Any good media streamer will work, an old Boxeebox, Cloud Media devices, I use a Chromebox connected via HDMI, you can use the SD in the slot or I just upload it to my NAS and stream from there. Last resort is to burn it to DVD or BRD and stick it in your DVD player.

That's exactly what I do. I download the Dji video file into my iPad directly with the Apple Camera Connect Kit, and the use AirPlay to wirelessly display on my flatscreen by way of an Apple TV. Quick and easy, and everyone can watch on full HD.

I think Ill just use my Macbook Pro 13" pop the Micro into an adapter and plug an HDMI to my laptop to the TV and call it a day.. I think that's the best way.. I tried the WD TV media player last night and it wasnt stable! And didnt like the .mov from the phantom.. it did play some MP4's and Jpegs but I guess it didnt like the 4K .mov's and im sure it wont like the 4K mp4's either from the phantom.. Thank you for all your replies.. Someone said Apple TV will work, I do have it jailbroken, Ill check that out later ...

Any good media streamer will work, an old Boxeebox, Cloud Media devices, I use a Chromebox connected via HDMI, you can use the SD in the slot or I just upload it to my NAS and stream from there. Last resort is to burn it to DVD or BRD and stick it in your DVD player.
ChromeBox looks nice! I like it has a SD Slot.. Do you control it with a remote? Does it come with a remote? Thanks!

My TV has NEVER been hooked to a Cable TV BOX since the 90's it has a Dedicated Computer HDMI 100 Mbs COX connection.
Whole home is networked so I just copy the files from the card to my work computer and copy what I want to whatever computer on the network.
I thought everyone does that now? Long Live USENET :)

ChromeBox looks nice! I like it has a SD Slot.. Do you control it with a remote? Does it come with a remote? Thanks!
The Chromebox is great, you can put Kodi for Android on it and use it that way, or if you have some computer skills you can do what I did. I installed a custom BIOS and OpenELEC with embedded Kodi to make it a dedicated Media box, cold boots into Kodi in 7 seconds, streams any codec you throw at it, and does UHD and HD Audio. As the entire system is embedded you don't have any spam, virus, or other problems, and it auto updates via the web. I have it streaming from a 8TB NAS as I hate using my high end computer for a media streamer, besides, I don't leave it on all of the time. I just upload my aerial videos from my computer to the NAS and then can play them on the TV. The Chromebox does not have a remote but it has an Ir port so I just use my Harmony remote with a Windows PC Media Server profile and it works just fine. The Openhour box does come with a remote but is not a fast as the CB.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl