Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Best way to fly with stability indoors at an event

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by jakgumbo, Apr 25, 2014.

1. jakgumbo

we are having an event that will have 600 people in the audience in theater style seating with a stage in front with about 10 feet between the stage and the first row.

what is the best way to get stability AND take video of the audience during the event. realizing that the gps will likely not work indoors, any suggestions to avoid erratic flight? it simply needs to take off, move across the room and land.

2. Ozzyguy

The short answer is I would simply not do it. The noise it would create and prop wash would be so distracting that I have a feeling the only thing you'd be filming is angry people. Not to mention the safty risk. Not worth it in my opinion.

3. canadavenyc

I agree. No matter what the plan eventually is, if the drone goes awry and hits someone, who pays the liability?

4. Cr8tive_leo

Camera Jib, best way.

DJI and Parrot don't even fly their multirotors at events unless they are 'caged'' to avoid potential issues.

You'll also have to fight possible interference from wifi, cell and a lot of other sources. Not to mention the compass may not like it either. :)

5. pault

Strongly agree that it would be too high risk - as you probably know these things move fast and it would be difficult not to get into a panic induced situation. Maybe you could rig up some kind of wire system and have a camera on a pulley .....

6. Ozzyguy

Ask the venue what equipment they already have that will allow you to get the same shots. With out the phantom.