Best Way to Download Video From SD Card ??

To edit and view UHD video requires the latest and greatest technology. More and more people find this out after buying their Phantoms and GoPros (or whatever). Sure, having your current system up to date is important but has its limitations. You can compress your 4K files but it will come at a cost. You may as well shoot lower resolution at that point because your computer, tv, YouTube (to name a few) can't view 4K (unless you have the latest tech). Even with the latest hardware, tech sites like YouTube will still dumb it down. Then, after buying that new computer you need to shell out more money and invest in a program like Adobe Premier Pro or the like and learn how to use it to make those videos look great.

When I started messing with video my video was choppy too and it was a frustrating process to edit on my computer. Once I got it done and taking forever to render and upload I could finally see what it looked like by watching on YouTube. Needless to say that process took all the joy out of my new hobby. Now it's a much better experience after upgrading my computer.

Just like any hobby... The more you get in to it the more it costs. But hey, it sure is fun!!

For what it's worth, I bought a used Mac Pro tower running dual 2ghz quad core processors with 30gb ram. I upgraded the drives with an ssd for the OS and applications, two 500gb 10k rpm velociraptor drives configured in raid 0 and a 2tb drive to back everything up. I have under $1200 invested and still have plenty of room to upgrade.

I realize for good editing it's best to leave Go4 app behind and use a PC/Mac but for those times you you are away with no PC/ Mac and want to use Go4 to make a quick movie on iPad, is there a faster way to get the files onto the iPad than leaving drone battery switched on (usually the battery runs out so it's even slower with a recharge in between downloads).
Even if I have a laptop & a USB microSD card adapter with me, can I transfer the files back to iPad from the laptop to use in Go4 please (hopefully from iPads video gallery?)

Further to my query above, is there a wrong way to download directly from the drone to my iPad via Go4 as my 2 x 5 min video files have taken over an hour so far and not finished!
I downloaded similar the other day in about 20 minutes.
I have the USB cable from my iPad plugged into drone controller then the cable with adaptor that came with the drone, from controller to the drone.
Could it be any settings messed up?
Speed is showing at 979kb/s.
Many thanks in advance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj