Best way to discharge battery?

Reaction score
Whats the best way to discharge the battery? I letting the motors run without props on and its taking forever? Its been running for almost 20mins and is only at 80% ? and if im only gonna fly in more than a weeks time what is the best level to leave them on?

Phantom 3 batteries will auto discharge themselves to about 60% (a safe storage level) after 10 days. The discharge process takes about 2 days to complete when the battery is full. That 10-day setting can be set to something smaller in the DJI GO app.

Phantom 3 batteries will auto discharge themselves to about 60% (a safe storage level) after 10 days. The discharge process takes about 2 days to complete when the battery is full. That 10-day setting can be set to something smaller in the DJI GO app.

So no manual discharge needed? I'm sure i read somewhere that you should do it and the auto discharge is just a fail safe?

The DJI GO app will tell you if you need to manually discharge it down to ~8% (or whenever it shuts off). DJI recommends doing that every 20 charges. If you need to do that, it would be best to fly it until the battery is at least down to ~30%. You can go lower than that -- but, be careful since it'll auto land if the battery reaches the critical low level. Then, just run the Phantom with the motors and props off until it shuts off.

The DJI GO app will tell you if you need to manually discharge it down to ~8% (or whenever it shuts off). DJI recommends doing that every 20 charges. If you need to do that, it would be best to fly it until the battery is at least down to ~30%. You can go lower than that -- but, be careful since it'll auto land if the battery reaches the critical low level. Then, just run the Phantom with the motors and props off until it shuts off.
I left the motors on until the battery reached 10% (critical level) and then they turned automatically off.
Leds are still blinking red.
Is it normal that the motors turn off at 10%?
I never reached that level on the air. As I understand the quad starts to land automatically.
I guess it "knows" it's already landed and then the motors stop.
Is that so?

I left the motors on until the battery reached 10% (critical level) and then they turned automatically off.
Leds are still blinking red.
Is it normal that the motors turn off at 10%?
I never reached that level on the air. As I understand the quad starts to land automatically.
I guess it "knows" it's already landed and then the motors stop.
Is that so?
That's basically it. If it was in the air, and hit critical battery level (default 10%) it would autoland. Since its knows it's not in the air it shuts off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic