Best way to deliver video to a client?

Reaction score
What are your common steps to delivering the video you have taken to a client? What format do you shoot the video in? I have been putting some practice videos together for a client but it is not allowing them to play on the computer (says the media player does not support this type). Is there a better way for me to go about delivering the video to a customer? Also, is it necessary for them to play the video when posting the file on their website? Thanks in advance for the responses!

Reactions: Jack Matthias
I'm not a professional or neither do I make any videos for customers but I would say

MP4 or mov would play on most formats. But you should be working with the customer to find out and attend to there specific needs.

How are they receiving the file? Physically, over the internet?

What do you mean them play the video when posting it on there website?

I'm not a professional or neither do I make any videos for customers but I would say

MP4 or mov would play on most formats. But you should be working with the customer to find out and attend to there specific needs.

How are they receiving the file? Physically, over the internet?

What do you mean them play the video when posting it on there website?
I haven't really decided how I am going to deliver the video files to them quite yet. I was thinking of using googledrive, dropbox or maybe even vimeo. To answer your last question, I was wondering if they will still be able to post the video on their site if they are having the same problems that I referred to above about not having the right media player to support the video file.

I haven't really decided how I am going to deliver the video files to them quite yet. I was thinking of using googledrive, dropbox or maybe even vimeo. To answer your last question, I was wondering if they will still be able to post the video on their site if they are having the same problems that I referred to above about not having the right media player to support the video file.

What format are you exporting in?

Oh and the company's web site guy would be the one to make sure that your video plays on their website.

Last edited:
What format are you exporting in?
If you are talking about after I clip and edit the video together, I haven't gotten to that point yet. I have been taking the video in MP4 format with my P4. Also, do you have any free, basic video editing apps for Apple products that you would recommend? I just want to use it to clip and merge the shorter vids together with transitions and such.

If you are talking about after I clip and edit the video together, I haven't gotten to that point yet. I have been taking the video in MP4 format with my P4. Also, do you have any free, basic video editing apps for Apple products that you would recommend? I just want to use it to clip and merge the shorter vids together with transitions and such.

If you have a Apple Mac then uses imovie

IPad will not edit the SD card video very good. I hope you're not forwarding the iPad cached video. You really need a good computer to edit HD video if you intend to have clients. And I hope you realize you can't have paying clients without an FAA Part 107 certification.

Reactions: Dazzauk
IPad will not edit the SD card video very good. I hope you're not forwarding the iPad cached video. You really need a good computer to edit HD video if you intend to have clients. And I hope you realize you can't have paying clients without an FAA Part 107 certification.
I have already passed the Part 107 exam. I have just been messing with the downloaded video from the DJI Go app to create the movies. Nothing too serious when it comes to that part so far.

I have already passed the Part 107 exam. I have just been messing with the downloaded video from the DJI Go app to create the movies. Nothing too serious when it comes to that part so far.

Buddy I'll be honest with you here. If you have spent money on a exam to then make video for clients for yourself to earn money you need to start doing some serious research on using proper video editing programs such as Final Cut and premier pro to name but 2.

Posts like can I do it on a iPad make you seem extremely extremely new and novice to the point I thought you were trolling.

If you spent money on this FAA exam then dam you need to invest some time into learning to make a video.
Not being horrible or harsh 100% giving you wise advice.

Daz

Buddy I'll be honest with you here. If you have spent money on a exam to then make video for clients for yourself to earn money you need to start doing some serious research on using proper video editing programs such as Final Cut and premier pro to name but 2.

Posts like can I do it on a iPad make you seem extremely extremely new and novice to the point I thought you were trolling.

If you spent money on this FAA exam then dam you need to invest some time into learning to make a video.
Not being horrible or harsh 100% giving you wise advice.

Daz
I understand that. I had to get certified for my main job, so I didn't have to pay for the test. I'm just now learning so I haven't even started doing it for clients. Trying to build up my experience and knowledge in regards of the best practices with test flights on my own time. Currently it is a hobby with the hopes of turning it into a business.

I understand that. I had to get certified for my main job, so I didn't have to pay for the test. I'm just now learning so I haven't even started doing it for clients. Trying to build up my experience and knowledge in regards of the best practices with test flights on my own time. Currently it is a hobby with the hopes of turning it into a business.

Good luck.

Start watching YouTube for iMovie or tutorials.

Yes, if you are going to shoot like a pro, edit like one too. MP4 using the right Codec and you can use dropbox to deliver.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik