Best way to balance a Black Pearl on Raven Aerial Mount

Reaction score
I am using a stock DJI transmitter and am about to add a raveaerialvideo mount and a Black Pearl monitor

What do others do to balance this lot on a neck strap - do I need to fit a bracket ?

Thanks

The thumbscrew they provide to tighten down the monitor has a loop on it. Ive seen a few use this to connect neck strap to. Supposedly better balanced. Ive just got the same mount but waiting for my BP.

Thanks for the reply.

I had considered that but the loop does not look that strong to me, and does not look like this was what it was intended for.

I am guessing that I have done a poor job of phrasing the question - or possible not many of the 50+ readers of the post have this combo.

I would be grateful for any advice from those using a Black Pearl monitor with a 3d printed mount (such as the Raven Arial one) who have taken steps to get a better balance on a neck strap. It I fasten to the tranmitter mount it tips right back, if I use a metal mounting bracket it is still not ideal.

Thoughts please guys. Is it just me :eek:

I would be interested in this myself. I have the stock transmitter with a 3d printed mount and a black pearl. It is extremely front heavy. I also have a neck strap. I've seen some attachments that hook in the loop on the transmitter, but I'm not sure if they have enough cantilever to account for the monitor.

Crashtestdummy said:
I would be interested in this myself. I have the stock transmitter with a 3d printed mount and a black pearl. It is extremely front heavy. I also have a neck strap. I've seen some attachments that hook in the loop on the transmitter, but I'm not sure if they have enough cantilever to account for the monitor.

Well thank goodness at least another person has the same issue - I was beginning to think it was just me :lol:

Crashtestdummy said:
I've seen some attachments that hook in the loop on the transmitter, but I'm not sure if they have enough cantilever to account for the monitor.

This is what I am doing. I get almost as far as the monitor mounting screw - but the balance is still not great. Can post a picture if you are interested.

Here are some pictures of my set as you can see it's very front heavy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420042490.466238.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420042490.466238.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 499
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420042504.092772.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420042504.092772.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 464
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420042514.228067.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420042514.228067.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 460
I did try hooking the neck strap into the loop on the monitor mount. It really helped with weight distribution but I'm not sure I trust the loop to hold everything.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420042802.632375.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420042802.632375.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 430
I wouldnt trust it either.
It has two metal pin hinges which are sure to give up at some inconvenient moment.
The other thing is that I have found when I tried this it losened the screw slightly and cause the monitor to move around.

Hi guys, just stumbled across with thread.
Just to clarify, the mount you're seeing isn't a Rave Aerial mount, its a copy.

I know because i spent a long time ensuring that the mount i designed, balanced perfectly when using a black pearl.

I just wanted to make sure that any readers realised that this isn't one of my mounts.

Phil
raveaerialvideo.com

Ravecreative said:
Hi guys, just stumbled across with thread.
Just to clarify, the mount you're seeing isn't a Rave Aerial mount, its a copy.

I know because i spent a long time ensuring that the mount i designed, balanced perfectly when using a black pearl.

I just wanted to make sure that any readers realised that this isn't one of my mounts.

Phil
raveaerialvideo.com
Hi Phil. The one in that picture may not be, but I think? I started the thread, and whoever made the one I am having problems with, included what look like your packing instructions.

My apologies if I offended you but I never claimed to have a Rave Aerial mount. My post says I have a 3d printed mount. But If yours is perfectly balanced with a black pearl mounted to the front and a neck strap hooked in the stock mounting loop i would be interested to see it. I personally like the the mount I have because I can adjust the tilt of my monitor. It doesn't matter how much I lay it down or stand it up though it's still front heavy. I was simply trying to help the fellow out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik